4-8-15 Staples $100 Off Computer Coupon… $249 laptops, $379 Dell core i5. Southwest Companion...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Hopefully you got in on those Staples gift cards yesterday. Now let’s put them to use.

Today, I received an email with the following attractive offer

Yes, you can see the code is 44841. But if you want an official coupon to bring in to the store, then you can download it here 4-8-15 Staples $100 off.

What to buy?

Now this is in-store only and I’m not psychic, so I can’t tell you what the best deal in your store is. But the trick is of course to find computers that were originally $499 or more but are on sale. At $499, its a 20% discount but at $299 it would be a 33% discount. Of course that doesn’t mean that Amazon was selling for $499, so you need to check the selling price too.

But here’s some ideas…

• Toshiba c55-b5270 (from weekly ad): $399 with $50 mail in rebate becomes $299 or $249 after MIR. Selling on Amazon for $394; #1276 in Computers and Accessories
  • Dell I3543-7500BLK or I3543-8335BLK. This is a laptop with a i5 processor for $479 less $100 coupon = $379.. It’s Windows 7 but some people are looking for that. Amazon has the 8335BLK model for $649, but a low sales rank of #8962
  • Or how about this Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 that Staples has for $349 less $100 coupon = $249. Amazon has it for $449. And its #262 in Computers… that’s excellent.
Since these are in-store forget about any portal bonuses but use your new discounted gift cards from yesterday or your Chase Ink instead.

BigHabitat Southwest Companion Pass Slow Walk Challenge.

BigHabitat is a fan of the Southwest companion pass. BigHabitat also doesn’t like to waste credit card aps on benefits I can get with reselling. And since Southwest has free bags already, there’s not a huge benefit for the credit card. Last year I earned two Southwest companion passes for myself and Mrs. Habitat.. and am working on it for this year as well but with less urgency.

Here’s my first quarter stats..

So I’m a little ahead of schedule for one pass, but behind for two. Guess I’ll have to bring the slow walk up to a faster pace. And last time I had a lot of help from Sears, but this year I don’t think I can count on that.

Continue reading...