3 days at Victoria Falls Africa

beth p

Level 2 Member
Anyone have any rec's for the best things to do and place to stay at Victoria Falls?
I'll be traveling there with my brother in law from Joburg, next month in June.
It looks like the Devils pool is closed during this time.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated :) thanks

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
I just visited VF few days ago. We stayed at the Victorial Falls Hotel which is only 10 minutes walk to the falls. We took the river cruise (not worth it IMHO) and dd the helicopter tour (nice). The mist was very strong and we were told it's better to do the helicopter tour in the afternoon. We walked in the falls area for about 4 hours. We akso walked on the bridge to the Zambia side but did not go further. Only got a single-entry visa upon arriving Zimbabwe. We think 2 days is just right. There are still plenty of waters so Devil's pool won't be open until dry season.

beth p

Level 2 Member
Did you do any safaris, or hear how that area compares to others? Did you see hippos, crocs etc on river cruise?

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
We did not do any safari at VF. We did it at Sabi Sands and Chobe. We did see hippos on river cruise but they were mostly in the water. The VF seems not the good place for safari. Everyone we talked to did or planned to do it in other places. FYI, the ticket to the falls is $30 per entry.