25% off starbucks gc with dansdeals

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
Dan posted a deal where you can get 25% off a starbucks gc at cardcash.com. Just add it to your cart then, go into the cart and add the code "dansdeals."

Anyone have thoughts/experience reselling? My thoughts are something like this:
- buy a 500 dollar GC for 375*
*go through befrugal for 2% cashback (375 x 2% = 7.50)
- Sell the GC back to cardcash for 364

Total cost of the card is 367.50 (375 - 7.50 cb)
After resell you'd be at a loss of 2.50

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea! When you resell, be sure to buy it as a new card at SBUX because Cardcash may reject it because it's the same gift card number in their database. I know Plastic Jungle used to do this (when they were around)

richklhs

Level 2 Member
Dan posted a deal where you can get 25% off a starbucks gc at cardcash.com. Just add it to your cart then, go into the cart and add the code "dansdeals."

Anyone have thoughts/experience reselling? My thoughts are something like this:
- buy a 500 dollar GC for 375*
*go through befrugal for 2% cashback (375 x 2% = 7.50)
- Sell the GC back to cardcash for 364

Total cost of the card is 367.50 (375 - 7.50 cb)
After resell you'd be at a loss of 2.50
might be able to sell it at a profit on ebay

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
@chasingthepoints, how do you buy it as a "new card" from cardcash? @thepointsjock, great thought on using ebay instead. Might be a great workaround if, like they said above, cardcash won't accept it.

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
@chasingthepoints, how do you buy it as a "new card" from cardcash? @thepointsjock, great thought on using ebay instead. Might be a great workaround if, like they said above, cardcash won't accept it.
Just take the take the card that you buy from Cardcash and buy the same amount gift card at a local Starbucks, this way the GC# changes and it's not in Cardcash's database

Dangaroo

Level 2 Member
I drink a lot of Starbucks and I typically buy from GiftCardZen. Right now it's 24%+ off and guaranteed to work. Had some bad experiences in the past with Plastic Jungle and fraud (but eventually worked out in my favor, just a big hassle). Doesn't seem like an amazing deal though considering the alternatives.

tkky

Level 2 Member
I used this and bought a $110 SBUX GC. The damn thing was shipped to me with a $0 balance on an account that had been closed "months ago." I put in a dispute and they're supposed to get back to me, but I'm not happy at all.

StephenW

tkky, your experience is exactly why I'm hesitant to purchase from these sites. Even though the seller may have sent in the physical gift card, Starbucks cards (and others) can be liquidated via transfer of funds to another gift card. Either that, or they can simply be reported lost/stolen and replaced. With that in mind, I've limited myself to purchasing cards that I know can't be liquidated electronically and have a "funds cannot be replaced if card is lost/stolen" policy.

Looking forward to your follow-up tkky.

tkky

Level 2 Member
tkky, your experience is exactly why I'm hesitant to purchase from these sites. Even though the seller may have sent in the physical gift card, Starbucks cards (and others) can be liquidated via transfer of funds to another gift card. Either that, or they can simply be reported lost/stolen and replaced. With that in mind, I've limited myself to purchasing cards that I know can't be liquidated electronically and have a "funds cannot be replaced if card is lost/stolen" policy.

Looking forward to your follow-up tkky.
Got a refund. That's not what I wanted and I told them that. So basically, CardCash is a gigantic waste of time. They don't do the proper diligence before they send out cards.