2017 Predictions! Guaranteed 100% true or your money back!

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
It’s prediction time! So far there have been 2017 forecasts from Doctor of Credit, Frequent Miler, and Tagging Miles. Two of them from Doc I’ve been expecting myself: the new rule for B of A and better benefits for Amex Platinum. On the other hand, Frequent Miler predicts that Marriott will not devalue its flight and hotel packages. I’ll take the other side of that prediction: with all the Starwood/Marriott points plus the generous householding rules, I figure they’ll nerf it. Alternately, they’ll make it more difficult to combine points from different accounts. And Trevor said Wells Fargo’s credit card division will fade away, but I think they’ve been quiet for too long so I’m going to predict a buzzworthy Wells Fargo offer.

Other predictions:

• More points & miles blogger consolidation / retirement.
  • Another British Airways devaluation. Maybe they’ll tweak the mileage cutoffs or something.
  • One of the less interesting (from a credit card / points and miles perspective) hotel chains will do something splashy and generate some buzz. Maybe it’s time for Choice Hotels to have some time in the spotlight?
  • Amex is also going to try to do something splashy. They almost have to after that horrendous 2016. I predict either a new travel partner or a reasonably good new card (or maybe an amazing offer on an old card. (What would it take to get you all to sign up for the Plenti card, anyway? 100,000 Plenti points?)
  • A massive Hyatt devaluation.
  • The sign-up bonus will drop on the Chase Sapphire Res–oh, wait, never mind.
  • Amazon will do something to anger and/or screw over a bunch of its FBA resellers.
  • Ally will have a sweet new credit card offer worth at least $200.
  • One points and miles blogger will get arrested this year.
  • Somebody will click on George’s Amazon link.

The post 2017 Predictions! Guaranteed 100% true or your money back! appeared first on Personal Finance Digest.

Continue reading...