$200 credit for airline

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I made 3 different purchases for my travel credit, each about 1 week apart: one $75 AA GC, one $70 AA GC, and one $55 AA GC. All were credited back correctly.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
OK. Well, so far using the chat function, I got them to change my wife's to American so I will try the gift certificate route. I will try once more for mine and then phone if I need to.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
OK, I don't know why but I don't do much phoning. Tried a second chat and they switched me to American. bought a gift card. Soon after it posts, I'll see if I get the credit.

bspoke

You can check FT threads for each airline to see the charges that triggered the credit recently. Most DPs are collected over there. Usually lower denom GC or even cheap flights on AS will trigger the automatic credit. You can also chat in and have something credited manually. I had AA award taxes (RT lax-hkg that totalled around $100) credited after I inquired via chat just this past spring.

Mik3

You probably figured this out but TPG has a good posting on what triggers the credit.

It looks like your best bet is with southwest. (although American and Delta should work too (some DP's show not the full amount reimbursed with these two)

HanoiIG

Silver Member
You probably figured this out but TPG has a good posting on what triggers the credit.

It looks like your best bet is with southwest. (although American and Delta should work too (some DP's show not the full amount reimbursed with these two)
Thanks. I used Delta. Southwest has no value to me. It doesn't go where I do. I have never flown it ever. I know I am not far from BWI and PHL where I believe they exist, but I hardly ever fly domestic. Delta is crummy but at least I can buy gift cards which work(so far)