$20 back on Best Buy purchase of $200+ via Ibotta app

bluebug

Level 2 Member
I just earned $20 cash back via Ibotta for purchase of $200 VGC at Best Buy.

Anyone use Ibotta app? I found it via the KrazyKouponLady about a year ago, and they have some good offers every now and then.
Ibotta is a free app offering cash back rebates for specific purchases. Most of the rebates are pretty small and apply to grocer items, but this is the second tiime I've seen the Best Buy offer.

I purchased VGC at Best Buy, took a pic of my receipt via the app About an hour later, received confirmation that my rebate was being processed and would be deposited to my PayPal acccount. My husband also has the app and his account only shows a rebate of $10 on a purchase of $100+, so the offers seem to vary between users. Offers also expire pretty quick. My account says Best Buy offer must be redeemed by June 6.

You can stack the Ibotta rebate with ~$4 in Best Buy rewards for your purchase of $205.95. Purchases do need to be "in store" so in this case, you can't stack Ibotta rebate by shopping via a portal. You can dip again, if you use the Shopkick app and earn 35 kicks for walking into BestBuy . Unfortunately, you only get kicks for the purchase of the gift card fee of $5.95 but not the VGC amount of $200.

Ibotta has been adding more retailers to their app; most recently Sephora ($5 back on $50), ebags ($20 back on $100), Aeropostle ($5 back on $50+), have been featured though, these rebates require you to shop through their portal.
If you need a referral link, let me know and I will send you the link and you can earn an extra $2 after you redeem your first rebate and they give me a referral bonus too.

aegt

Level 2 Member
send me one. i guess since they process the rebate manually it is not going to be scaleable.

Jamie

Level 2 Member
I just earned $20 cash back via Ibotta for purchase of $200 VGC at Best Buy.

Anyone use Ibotta app? I found it via the KrazyKouponLady about a year ago, and they have some good offers every now and then.
Ibotta is a free app offering cash back rebates for specific purchases. Most of the rebates are pretty small and apply to grocer items, but this is the second tiime I've seen the Best Buy offer.

I purchased VGC at Best Buy, took a pic of my receipt via the app About an hour later, received confirmation that my rebate was being processed and would be deposited to my PayPal acccount. My husband also has the app and his account only shows a rebate of $10 on a purchase of $100+, so the offers seem to vary between users. Offers also expire pretty quick. My account says Best Buy offer must be redeemed by June 6.

You can stack the Ibotta rebate with ~$4 in Best Buy rewards for your purchase of $205.95. Purchases do need to be "in store" so in this case, you can't stack Ibotta rebate by shopping via a portal. You can dip again, if you use the Shopkick app and earn 35 kicks for walking into BestBuy . Unfortunately, you only get kicks for the purchase of the gift card fee of $5.95 but not the VGC amount of $200.

Ibotta has been adding more retailers to their app; most recently Sephora ($5 back on $50), ebags ($20 back on $100), Aeropostle ($5 back on $50+), have been featured though, these rebates require you to shop through their portal.
If you need a referral link, let me know and I will send you the link and you can earn an extra $2 after you redeem your first rebate and they give me a referral bonus too.
bluebug, I don't see an Ibotta conga in that forum, you should start one.
thanks for the heads up on the ibotta. I used it when it first came out, but haven't bothered with it in quite a while. I'll take another look at it.

bluebug

Level 2 Member
bluebug, I don't see an Ibotta conga in that forum, you should start one.
thanks for the heads up on the ibotta. I used it when it first came out, but haven't bothered with it in quite a while. I'll take another look at it.
Thanks Jamie. Just added Ibotta to Conga.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I'm confused...downloaded ibotta app. Only see $10 rebate on $100 purchase. How to stack w/ Conga?

bluebug

Level 2 Member
InstinctX, looks like rebate offers vary for different Ibotta users,, another case of YMMV. Mine was $20 off purchase of $200, but I know of others where only $10 off of $100 appeared in their account.
image.jpg

The new thread in Conga is to publish the referral link for others, it's the same link I already sent you. If you decide to redeem the rebate, add your own Ibotta referral link (you can access via the app from More Menu>Invite Friends) to the Ibotta Conga thread I created so the next person can use your referral link.

Jason Wuerch

There's so many different apps available for grocery stores that you can easily stack discounts from one another. I'm saving an average of $30-$40 off of purchasing $300 in groceries a month, which is like 10%, not bad at all. Here's a good list of some that I found:

Otherwise, just use coupons and apps together to get a high discount.

Last edited:

Jivepicnic

Level 2 Member
I checked my Ibotta app yesterday (7/30) and saw another offer for $10 off a purchase of $100 at Best Buy. This stacks very nicely with the Amex Sync offer of $25 off a purchase of $250 or more. I submitted a receipt from purchasing 2 $200 VGC at Best Buy on 7/29 and received the credit without a problem. I think these offers may be somewhat targeted, so YMMV.

bluebug

Level 2 Member
Jason,
Not sure the list posted.
There's so many different apps available for grocery stores that you can easily stack discounts from one another. I'm saving an average of $30-$40 off of purchasing $300 in groceries a month, which is like 10%, not bad at all. Here's a good list of some that I found:

Otherwise, just use coupons and apps together to get a high discount.

Prior

Level 2 Member
I checked my Ibotta app yesterday (7/30) and saw another offer for $10 off a purchase of $100 at Best Buy. This stacks very nicely with the Amex Sync offer of $25 off a purchase of $250 or more. I submitted a receipt from purchasing 2 $200 VGC at Best Buy on 7/29 and received the credit without a problem. I think these offers may be somewhat targeted, so YMMV.
Thanks for the head-up. I checked mine and it is for $20 off a purchase of $200 at Best Buy. I used to receive the credit even with the purchase of GC.

chicago2world

Level 2 Member
Good to hear that some of you are receiving the rebate on gift cards. The "Rebate Details" state "Rebate excludes all Gift Card purchases." My app has the $20 offer.

I assume based on the posts above that Ibotta rebates are all one-time use. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has success getting multiple BBY rebates. I have my 5 Serve and 1 Blue AMEX ready for a shopping trip. Perhaps there are more options on jailbroken iPhones :)

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
Would anybody be so kind as to list the gift cards available to choose from within the app, when you redeem your Ibotta earnings?

chicago2world

Level 2 Member
It appears that the options are limited to:
Cash Out: Venmo, Paypal
Gift Cards: Whole Foods, Starbucks, Regal (cinemas), iTunes