2 free sign up nights

paulros624

PaulRos624
I'm looking for ideas on where to spend my 2 free Hyatt sign up points domestically. I'm leaning to Park Hyatt NYC. Any other suggestions anywhere is US?

jtcho78

Level 2 Member
It is all inclusive. I haven't yet booked, just got the cards last week. Will get min spend done tomorrow.

paulros624

PaulRos624
Hi, I just got my card last week. I will be done spending this week. I am considering Ziva but will probably stick with NYC since I have 4 of us to get somewhere. I hope you post a review of your stay because I still may change my mind.
Thx

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
I like the Park Hyatts in Washington DC and Chicago. The Chicago property is well based for walking and public transportation. The DC property is not. The Grand Hyatt Seattle is a solid property. The Carmel Highlands is at the north end of the Big Sur coastline and a personal favorite. There is considerable variation in rooms. I am a diamond so am well content with what I am given. I get a view room. Others don't.

paulros624

PaulRos624
THANK YOU! I wonder if a Platinum would be able to get a good room in Carmel. Washington is definitely a possibility and I appreciate the mention. I probably should've mentioned that Chicago is not...I live there.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I forget where I heard it, but thought that the suites for Diamonds were in a separate part in Carmel, and that there were few of them. We got a nice view with Platinum but no guarantees I guess. It's a weird fancy hotel BTW - the room we had was more like a 3-4 star hotel, but the location and feel were very nice.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Carmel has a time share section and a hotel section. The hotel section is more oriented toward the west and southwest, some with fantastic water views. The timeshare section is more oriented toward the northwest with more views over fields to the water and none with views of the rocks and Big Sur coastline. These are comfortable apartments but I always want the stunning view. The public area offers the view, whether from the lounge area, formal dining, or the outdoor deck of casual dining.

Diamonds are typically upgraded to two level townhouses in the hotel with no upgrade cert required. The bedroom is on the lower level and the kitchen/dining area/living room on the upper. There is a balcony. There are a couple one level suites both behind and below the public area and beyond the townhouses. These have phenomenal views.

thedrills

Level 2 Member
I loved the Park Hyatt NY. They treat every guest like royalty. If you know how to sweet talk a little and reach out to the right people you can get a really nice upgrade as well. I got upgraded to a park suite for my wifes birthday...unreal...Ive already booked for my anniversary to stay there again

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
I also have the 2 free nights posting soon. Being on the West Coast, quite a trek out East to visit some of the higher-end options. Will likely try and book the two free nights and then one on P+C. Does anyone know if PH NY does the P+C program?

dukerau

Level 2 Member
I also have the 2 free nights posting soon. Being on the West Coast, quite a trek out East to visit some of the higher-end options. Will likely try and book the two free nights and then one on P+C. Does anyone know if PH NY does the P+C program?
Yeah, they do, but it's pricey since they're cat 7: 15k + $300 per night.

thedrills

Level 2 Member
Yeah, they do, but it's pricey since they're cat 7: 15k + $300 per night.
Depending on what your other options are it might still be worth it. I absolutely loved my stay in the PH NY and im already booked back for my anniversary.
Everyone's different but Im probably going to use 30K points for my stay (the rest of my Hyatt points and transfer from UR) to me its worth it.

smittytabb

Staff member
Used mine at the Hyatt Key West Resort & Spa. No regrets. We also had had a major flight interruption that year and what was then AirTran gave me and my spouse a voucher to fly anywhere they flew. So we had totally free flights and free weekend nights.

torkay

Level 2 Member
I've stayed in the Park Hyatt nyc, Hyatt key west, and the Hyatt zilara Jamaica they are all really great properties depending on your needs they are all great uses of a Hyatt voucher. I must say that using the voucher at a ziva/zilara is by far the best bang for your "buck" you can't compare anything to the experience at an all inclusive

seamuson

I used mine at the Hyatt Key West, which was a great experience, although they don't have much of a beach at the hotel, but that's typical of the island. Park Hyatt NYC is definitely a great option if you can find the availability you're looking for.

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
I've stayed at several PH hotels including Vendome, Vienna, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and NYC. Also stayed at Zilara in Jamaica and Cancun. Using the free night certificates at Zilara is definitely the best use of it IMO. But it all depends on the travel need.