2-2-15 The greatest Staples coupon of all time? 50% off Clearance Computers

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Folks, you know I’m a huge fan of the MOARC (Mother of All Rewards Coupons). 25% back in rewards on Staples tech items is pretty damn good. And I’m just as partial to the 20% off your entire purchase coupons that roll around, even if I don’t need anymore of the free bags that usually come with that promotion.

But the current 50% off Clearance Computers coupon just blew them away. Think about it… most coupons exclude computers. And if they do include computers, they often exclude clearance. And they are usually like $50 to $100 off a $499 computer for lets say a 20% discount.

So 50% off clearance computers.. Is that insane or what? That must be the Father of All Rewards Coupons or FARC. Yes I know technically its not a rewards coupon, but I just got excited.

Here’s what I picked up:

• A Kindle fire HD 8.9″ open box for under $60 ($119.50 clearance * .5). The refurbished ones go for $160 on Amazon
  • An HP Chromebook 14 for $125 ($250 clearance * .5). This was on Staples website for $404, but realistically a comparable version on Amazon was $299 .
  • Also avaible was an Asus laptop with Intel core i3 processor for $125 ($250 * .5)

There were a number of other laptops and desktops but the coupon said 1 per customer and the store was closing so I didn’t press it. But I’ll probably be back and check some others.

Coupon runs through 2/14, although good luck finding anything worth buying after a few days. And hope the snow keeps other deal vultures away.

Some Sick Sears Deals on Point And Clicks (possibly requires VIP status)

Here’s a quick trick, Mr. Knox.

Click on pic and buy.

Get points when you try.

Now you can take pics of chicks with bricks! Goodbye!

I hope you got the obvious literary reference above. Regardless, there are some good 50% back in points deals on a coupole of cameras at Sears. While I think the one on the left is sold out online, it looks like the SX400 is still available, although quantity seems to be limited to one. These might be VIP only, but c’mon it doesn’t take much to be a Sears / Shopyourway VIP

Of course getting 50% back in points is nice, but please add coupons, go through a portal and use discounted gift cards to make this even better. Last time I looked ebay still had $200 Sears gift cards for $175 (and you could go through ebates to get 5% back on gift cards. You combine all of these, and that’s a pretty inexpensive camera. Of course these can’t be sold as new on Amazon, but still should make money selling as used on these. Too bad there’s

Continue reading...