15x UR on eBags.com + $20 statement credit from AMEX on $100 or more

Kal

Level 2 Member
Ultimate Rewards portal is offering 15X Ultimate Reward points per dollar spent at eBags.com. You can combine this with Amex sync which gives you $20 statement credit on $100 or more. In the past I have never had payout issues going through UR portal and paying with AMEX.
You can tweet #amexebags to add the offer to you amex card.

AMEX sync offer expires on 7/20

Last edited:

Ja350z

Level 2 Member
Ultimate Rewards portal is offering 15X Ultimate Reward points per dollar spent at eBags.com. You can combine this with Amex sync which gives you $20 statement credit on $100 or more. In the past I have never had payout issues going through UR portal and paying with AMEX.
You can tweet #amexebags to add the offer to you amex card.
@Kal
I also took advantage of this. The amex statement credit offer expires on 7/20 & I happened to be in the market for some new luggage, while I've seen as high as 30x in the past from ebags, 15x is good enough for me. YMMV if points will post using a diff cc, but many have reported this as a non issue. Placed order today, will report back.

mario

Level 2 Member
What can we do with this deal?

Is there anything worth buying for $100 at ebags?

Are we looking at reselling? Or just if we need new bags?

Kal

Level 2 Member
What can we do with this deal?

Is there anything worth buying for $100 at ebags?

Are we looking at reselling? Or just if we need new bags?
In my personal opinion this is only for personal use. Reselling from items on eBags is generally not profitable.

Ja350z

Level 2 Member
Agree with Kal here, simply a decent UR multiplier that coincides with AMEX offer. Not a good resell opportunity IMO.

If you are looking to purchase luggage/bags/anything eBags offers, you will most likely find a cheaper price elsewhere (of course check what portals are paying best).

@mario I'll share what I did:
I happened to be looking for a new 20" spinner carry on bag, & found this one on eBags "sale":
http://www.ebags.com/product/swissgear-travel-gear/20-exp-spinner-upright/250863?productid=10234273
I could have purchased this elsewhere for ~$25 less.

I also needed to replace an XL duffle from my last trip that had seen it's last days, & found this, price seemed reasonable:
http://www.ebags.com/product/lewis-n-clark/uncharted-duffel-bag-x-large/211771

I paid, minus amex credit, $104.98 total.
Should receive 1875 UR points, 125 MR points, & the bags I ordered ;)
Would I normally shell out .056/UR? Heck no! But I was able to get "free money" from amex, & almost 2K UR points on planned spend.

Mike Tetlow

Level 2 Member
I know this has little to do with ebags earning UR points. But one thing I have found in minimizing spending, is to buy something once. The final bag I have settled on out of many is this: http://www.tombihn.com/backpacks/TB0950.html . I was able to do 16days in that bag without excessive reuse, in the fall. It's spendy for sure, and no easy to way to earn points. But by god, is the bag well thought out and worth it.

Mike