15k unexpected Wyndham Rewards points

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
Somehow I received an unexpected 15k Wyndham Rewards points in my account last night. It said "Barclays Promotion". I wasn't aware of any promotion, but I'll take it! Anyone else notice this?

smittytabb

Staff member
Somehow I received an unexpected 15k Wyndham Rewards points in my account last night. It said "Barclays Promotion". I wasn't aware of any promotion, but I'll take it! Anyone else notice this?
Do you have the Wyndham Barclay card? If not, did someone apply for a card using your number?

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
Do you have the Wyndham Barclay card? If not, did someone apply for a card using your number?
Yes, but I've already received the 45k bonus and have only put $1k spend on the card. I have a total of 62k points. No one else would know my Wyndham Rewards number.

smittytabb

Staff member
Yes, but I've already received the 45k bonus and have only put $1k spend on the card. I have a total of 62k points. No one else would know my Wyndham Rewards number.
Was actually kidding about the number :eek: I sign up for every single hotel promotion even if I think I have no possibility of staying at that hotel group during the time period. Is this either a delayed posting on a promotion you've forgotten or some kind of bonus from car rental or something else?

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
Was actually kidding about the number :eek: I sign up for every single hotel promotion even if I think I have no possibility of staying at that hotel group during the time period. Is this either a delayed posting on a promotion you've forgotten or some kind of bonus from car rental or something else?
Lol. Well, I've only had the card for two months and haven't stayed in a hotel or rented a car in that time period. I am almost positive I would remember signing up for a promotion, because I remember specifically checking for Barclays promotions on my accounts last month. I'm just clueless where the points came from. I'm not complaining though!

smittytabb

Staff member
Lol. Well, I've only had the card for two months and haven't stayed in a hotel or rented a car in that time period. I am almost positive I would remember signing up for a promotion, because I remember specifically checking for Barclays promotions on my accounts last month. I'm just clueless where the points came from. I'm not complaining though!
They may disappear. I've had this happen with Hyatt and other programs. And it gets corrected.

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
Wyndham still hasn't taken these points back. Today I logged in and have ANOTHER 121,785 points???? I've MS'ed maybe $4-5k on this card in the last month, doesn't quite add up... There are five transactions today for 24,357 points each. One says Barclays Earning, one says Barclays Car Rental Spend (I haven't rented a car), and the other three say Barclays Bonus. Where are all the points coming from? LOL

swazzie

Level 2 Member
Wow; that's a lot of points :) I'm with @smittytabb that someone likely linked their card with your number by mistake (transposed digits or something like that). If you're not trying to use the points because you think they may be taken away, then get that thought off of your chest and ask Wyndham or Barclays why they're there. They should have info tied to the transactions that triggered the points and settle the matter. As nice as it is to have surprise points there, if they aren't yours and the other card holder hasn't gotten their points, it'd be nicer for that person to get what's due to them.

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
Wow; that's a lot of points :) I'm with @smittytabb that someone likely linked their card with your number by mistake (transposed digits or something like that). If you're not trying to use the points because you think they may be taken away, then get that thought off of your chest and ask Wyndham or Barclays why they're there. They should have info tied to the transactions that triggered the points and settle the matter. As nice as it is to have surprise points there, if they aren't yours and the other card holder hasn't gotten their points, it'd be nicer for that person to get what's due to them.
I'm sure you're right. Initially I thought it might just be a fluke or some promotion I wasn't aware about, but now that it's happened twice I think it has to be someone else's points. I'll give Wyndham a call. 10 nights at an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic would be nice though! :p

smittytabb

Staff member
I'm sure you're right. Initially I thought it might just be a fluke or some promotion I wasn't aware about, but now that it's happened twice I think it has to be someone else's points. I'll give Wyndham a call. 10 nights at an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic would be nice though! :p
Yeah, but it does tell us that they don't check terribly carefully to match account number to credit card which is interesting.

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
Apparently I'm not the only one to receive that initial 15k "promotion". I read on FT someone else received it and had no idea why.

lpaca

Level 2 Member
We got the extra 15k, but in 2 transactions - not sure what it's from. Total ended up being 62k pts instead of 47k (2k spend)