15% off iTunes @ BB&B (+ Target/Lowe's PM?)

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
Just thought I would throw this out there. See my comments below on price matching. Plan to test today if possible.
upload_2014-7-16_9-55-41.png
While 15% off iTunes isn't all that unusual, seeing the offer from a brick and mortar retailer is a little more rare. That opens up some price matching possibilities like Target. Combining this with Red Card will get your discount up to 19%. (on a $50 card, $42.50 * .05 = add'l $2.12).
upload_2014-7-16_9-58-11.png
Which leads to the question, what about Lowe's? Will they price match this at 110%? Guess that will be my lunchtime experiment. If they will do it, then you could theoretically pay with HI card bought at OD.

Summerport

Level 2 Member
Any luck with this?
Is there a possible way to manufacture spend by buying these and selling them online at giftcardgranny or elsewhere?

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
No, I don't think so, because rates are just 50% on GGG. That being said, they are a lot more valuable to my family to actually use. I don't have anything to report on this though. Just haven't had the time to do the run.

Summerport

Level 2 Member
Went to Target over the weekend to try this out. Tried to buy twenty $50 iTunes gift cards. They had to get a manager to see if there were able to price match the Bed Bath Beyond ad. Manager said no, they will not price match anything that is a percentage (i.e. 15% off), they will only price match advertised fixed values. So, for example, if they had been advertising $50 gift cards on sale for $42.50 they would have done it, but not at 15% off.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Where do you get 20% off? Thanks.
15% is decent.. but 20% or more off is what I consider a deal. From the AmEx Sync offers (Lowes, Home Depot), you could buy iTunes gift cards. Also, Staples, ebay run occasional promotions - just look in SD and FW sites.

Back in December, Safeway / Von's / Tom Thumb had an insane deal on iTunes gift cards (40% - 45%off) :
  • Save $15 off $50 in iTunes Gift Cards. You then stacked this with their 15% off multi-packs.
  • When you bought 10 sets at $30 each, that's $300. Then minus 15% for the multipack discount is $45 off, then you would also get the $15 coupon off 6 times (300/50=6). That would be a final cost (300-45-90) of $165 for $300 worth of cards, or 45% off.
The hard part was finding a store that had 10 sets. Many settled for 40% off by going to multiple stores to find the multipacks. You would buy 2 x $30 multipacks (a $30 multipack contains 3 x $10), which is $60. Then with with the 15% off and the $15 off, $60 worth of iTunes cost $36.​

hollywoodms

Level 2 Member
Just my two cents: I have attempted to use iTunes cards to MS. Was liquidating via ebay. Very time consuming process and rife with scammers. Not worth it IMO. Best is for personal use.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
Attempted Lowes PM last weekend, no dice. Then just went to Staples and bought BBB GC w Ink, then bought the iTunes w that and was done w it.