$120 a year from Bank America, or so I was told

stlcole

Level 2 Member
I have a BofA Better Balance Rewards card, a seemingly useless card from a points or cash back POV, but does pays $30 per quarter if each payment exceeds the minimum requirement. I had most of my CL transferred off this card to the BofA Cash Rewards card, and after the CSR took care of that, I asked, "Why should I keep my Better Balance card?"

She said, "Charge a utility bill or something to the card. Pay it off each month in full, and get $30 each quarter."

I said, "Ok."

Last edited:

velveteenrobber

Level 2 Member
I have a BofA Better Balance Rewards card, a seemingly useless card from a points or cash back POV, but does pays $30 per quarter if each payment exceeds the minimum requirement. I had most of my CL transferred off this card to the BofA Cash Rewards card, and after the CSR took care of that, I asked, "Why should I keep my Better Balance card?"

She said, "Charge a utility bill or something to the card. Pay it off each month in full, and get $30 each quarter."

I said, "Ok."
You can just charge something like a coffee every month and pay it off in full after the statement closes. The terms say that a payment for the total balance counts for the rewards, so a few dollars of charge is fine.

Sesq

Level 2 Member
I use an amazon allowance to send my wife $5/mo (just builds up as a GC and used eventually). The account is then set to autopay.

Gabe870

Level 2 Member
I actually have three of these cards.
They pay for Netflix, and my portion of the monthly FiOS bill.
It's a great card for college students, or anyone with a low enough income that they can't responsibly hit minimum spends.