$100 Toys R Us Gift card for $85

MrMcBean

Level 2 Member
It has been reported that Toys R Us registers allow one to buy 3rd party GCs with a Store GC. However, cashiers may prevent it. YMMV

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I was in Toy R Us on the weekend and they told me that they allow 3rd party giftcards from store credit, so if you really got stuck with a lot of GCs you could buy and return and then use the credit to acquire the Amazon cards - as with everything likely store/cashier specific rules to mess with the theory.

Amazon GC were being sold in 3x$10 packs, $30 total, no fee.

WoodenNickels

Level 2 Member
I was in Toy R Us on the weekend and they told me that they allow 3rd party giftcards from store credit, so if you really got stuck with a lot of GCs you could buy and return and then use the credit to acquire the Amazon cards - as with everything likely store/cashier specific rules to mess with the theory.

Yeah, I am just building a war chest and will eventually take over Toys R Us through discounted gift cards.

WoodenNickels

Level 2 Member

Was able to find Amazon Kindle GC's at $50 a pop and the cashier didn't bat an eye on me using 4 gc's to purchase them.

Kal

Level 2 Member
I have never had issues purchasing Amazon GC using TRU GC. It has worked at multiple locations in chicagoland.

TNg

Level 2 Member
Toys R Us currently has a $5 off on $30 iTunes GC that you could use your Toys R Us GC to purchase