1-22-14 Jet.com Update – Do I have a chance? – Plus New Web Site “AllAboutJet.com”

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Dear readers,

Upon some reflection, I may have gotten a little carried away with the Jet.com referrals thing. It was getting to the point where it may have been influencing the blog content. Let’s review the last few blog posts in reverse chronological order:

1-19-15 Jet.com Update – Huge Move to #46 – Sizing up the competition – who’s pumping hardest?
1-17-15 how to keep reselling stuff organized and ship it to FBA timely (only 1 Jet.com link!)
1-17-2015 Jet.com Ranking Update; and Some Subtle Changes to the site
1-16-15 Another New Blog Feature – Friday Interview – “I used Online Shopping for a Backpack”
1-16-15 Jet Rank Breaks 100! And New Blog Feature – World’s Most Incredible Advice Column
1-15-15 Holy crap, y’all! I’m ranked #138 of 226,000 on Jet.com. Don’t Miss Special Q&A today!
1-14-15 BigHabitat Contests Travel Summary Award Results, Beats Frequent Miler; Jet.com Ranking up 214,000
1-14-15 Referrals are Fun! Act fast for free 6-month Jet.com membership. Don’t question, just do it!

Wow. Stepping back and viewing it from somebody else’s perspective, it might seem that the Jet.com content was taking over this site.

There’s only one answer… I need to cut the Jet.com referral stuff on this site way down. I mean everyone loves a free 6-month trial to jet.com, but what are the chances that I’ll end up in the top 10. It may be time to say adieu, but first I better check my rank one last time…

Holy cow! #38. But it’s still such a long way to go… it will probably be nothing. I mean the top 10 is really hard, I’m probably not a contender to be considered in the running for the stock options…

But wait…

Wow! Ok, Jet.com is going to give me some free stuff. $250 to shop is $50 more than I’m going to get from Upromise (geez I wish that promo was uncapped!).

And all that other stuff might actually be interesting to put on a web site. Maybe instead of quitting it’s time to double down.

But I just told you that I didn’t want this content to dominate Big Habitat. I don’t want to go back on my promise of a few minutes ago (which I of course could just edit out before publishing, but that’s neither here nor there). so there’s only one solution…

Introducing AllAboutJet.com

C’mon, it makes perfect sense. Most of you don’t really know what Jet.com is. Even Jet.com doesn’t tell you much on their official site. But with my Jet Insider status, I should hopefully be getting some good information which I can post on that site. Plus it’s much easier to refer people to a site with a catchy name like that as opposed to trying to spell out my referral link. Let’s face it.. https://jet.com/#/ji/cnf1d doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

And a separate site will bring some balance back here.. of course it would help if Sears, Staples, Kmart, Kohls, OfficeDepot, Dell, Newegg or whomever starting posting some freaking deals… Or the shopping portals stopped being so tight with their portal bonuses. But they’ll come back, and we’ll be here.

In the mean time please check out Allaboutjet.com. We’ll try to keep it enjoyable, especially if Jet.com kicks in for marketing (just checking if they are watching!)

Now we don’t have a whole lot of traffic to date..

So please light this sucker up. We need to get some traffic and search engine love. I’m pretty sure we can go exponential on the all-time hits…

And if you design a cool logo for the site, mad props to you and we might use it! We’re kind of winging it here (<get it, jet.com, winging it? See I told you I wasn’t slipping!)

Continue reading...

Takolo

Dear readers,

Upon some reflection, I may have gotten a little carried away with the Jet.com referrals thing. It was getting to the point where it may have been influencing the blog content. Let’s review the last few blog posts in reverse chronological order:

1-19-15 Jet.com Update – Huge Move to #46 – Sizing up the competition – who’s pumping hardest?
1-17-15 how to keep reselling stuff organized and ship it to FBA timely (only 1 Jet.com link!)
1-17-2015 Jet.com Ranking Update; and Some Subtle Changes to the site
1-16-15 Another New Blog Feature – Friday Interview – “I used Online Shopping for a Backpack”
1-16-15 Jet Rank Breaks 100! And New Blog Feature – World’s Most Incredible Advice Column
1-15-15 Holy crap, y’all! I’m ranked #138 of 226,000 on Jet.com. Don’t Miss Special Q&amp;A today!
1-14-15 BigHabitat Contests Travel Summary Award Results, Beats Frequent Miler; Jet.com Ranking up 214,000
1-14-15 Referrals are Fun! Act fast for free 6-month Jet.com membership. Don’t question, just do it!

Wow. Stepping back and viewing it from somebody else’s perspective, it might seem that the Jet.com content was taking over this site.

There’s only one answer… I need to cut the Jet.com referral stuff on this site way down. I mean everyone loves a free 6-month trial to jet.com, but what are the chances that I’ll end up in the top 10. It may be time to say adieu, but first I better check my rank one last time…

Holy cow! #38. But it’s still such a long way to go… it will probably be nothing. I mean the top 10 is really hard, I’m probably not a contender to be considered in the running for the stock options…

But wait…

Wow! Ok, Jet.com is going to give me some free stuff. $250 to shop is $50 more than I’m going to get from Upromise (geez I wish that promo was uncapped!).

And all that other stuff might actually be interesting to put on a web site. Maybe instead of quitting it’s time to double down.

But I just told you that I didn’t want this content to dominate Big Habitat. I don’t want to go back on my promise of a few minutes ago (which I of course could just edit out before publishing, but that’s neither here nor there). so there’s only one solution…

Introducing AllAboutJet.com

C’mon, it makes perfect sense. Most of you don’t really know what Jet.com is. Even Jet.com doesn’t tell you much on their official site. But with my Jet Insider status, I should hopefully be getting some good information which I can post on that site. Plus it’s much easier to refer people to a site with a catchy name like that as opposed to trying to spell out my referral link. Let’s face it.. https://jet.com/#/ji/cnf1d doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

And a separate site will bring some balance back here.. of course it would help if Sears, Staples, Kmart, Kohls, OfficeDepot, Dell, Newegg or whomever starting posting some freaking deals… Or the shopping portals stopped being so tight with their portal bonuses. But they’ll come back, and we’ll be here.

You are aware that I lately had to deal with designing and making the presentation. The templates at https://masterbundles.com/templates/presentations/powerpoint/arrows/ were really helpful to me; as a result, the presentation was very well received by the audience because it was engaging and attractively made. We’ll try to keep it enjoyable, especially if Jet.com kicks in for marketing (just checking if they are watching!)

Now we don’t have a whole lot of traffic to date..

So please light this sucker up. We need to get some traffic and search engine love. I’m pretty sure we can go exponential on the all-time hits…

And if you design a cool logo for the site, mad props to you and we might use it! We’re kind of winging it here (<get it, jet.com, winging it? See I told you I wasn’t slipping!)

Continue reading...
Is it still relevant now and is it worth trying or not?

Last edited: