$200 Airline Credit United

HanoiIG

Silver Member
My wife and I used our credit last year on "Travel Bank" which gave us a fund which we could use to book tickets. Not a great use, but didn't want to lose it. Now I hear that we need to find another way this year. I used some on baggage but we hardly ever fly UA(Would you if you didn't have to?"

Now we find out that the Travel Bank doesn't really exist anymore except for some credit card and we can't access it or even find out how much is in there! In typical airline fashion, UA admits it's been months but has no timetable and nothing to tell us. Has anyone else experienced this?

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Update. No end in sight. They referred me to three different phone numbers and none of the reps had ever heard of Travel Bank. It says on website that you can use it to book fares but I tried a dummy booking and it wasn't one of the options. United is creepy but I guess no more so than other sirlines.

mec

Silver Member
I had seen the unavailability of the travel bank continue long enough in January, so I switched my preferred airline on the PRG to American.

I was able to use the funds in the travel bank to book a pair of tickets thos spring though.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Actually I'm not thrilled with the credit as it is not for airfare(unless the Travel Bank ever works) so how often would I fly a particular airline AND need to pay for luggage or buy anything that qualifies?

mec

Silver Member
I agree. The Travel Bank was restrictive, but useful enough that I could appreciate it's value. That it hasn't been available for > 3/4ths of a year is ridiculous. Had they made it available I would have kept feeding it whatever Amex credits I was eligible for. I've heard of people that were able to get Amex to switch there airline, I think through chat, after January. You should give it a try. I think Southwest and American are the two Airline gift cards that are known to credit.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Thanks. I've never flown Southwest and don't foresee ever doing it, but Amrican is slightly possible