New Amex Hilton cards for closed Citi accounts

Bamaguy

Level 2 Member
I closed 3 Citi Hilton no-fee accounts on 11/27/17 (2 for wife, 1 for me) and now I've received 2 new Amex no-fee Hilton cards (one for each of us). Grrr! The whole point of closing the Citi cards was to NOT get new Amex cards! (We both have Amex Surpass Hilton cards already that will convert to Ascend cards.)

Anyone else have this problem? If I were trying to get to Chase 5/24, I think I would be very pissed!

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I closed 3 Citi Hilton no-fee accounts on 11/27/17 (2 for wife, 1 for me) and now I've received 2 new Amex no-fee Hilton cards (one for each of us). Grrr! The whole point of closing the Citi cards was to NOT get new Amex cards! (We both have Amex Surpass Hilton cards already that will convert to Ascend cards.)

Anyone else have this problem? If I were trying to get to Chase 5/24, I think I would be very pissed!
The same but everything I’ve read indicates as long as you don’t activate them you’re fine. We closed accounts 11/7 and still got the new cards.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I wonder if that applies to other Amex cards too - that not activating the card makes you still eligible for the SUB later.
I’m guessing that Amex system will show that you’ve had an Amex product even though the name changed. No different than upgrading or downgrading.