Singapore Botanic Gardens

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Doable. 30 min to get out of airport, get back 2 hours before departure (I've never needed more than 1hr, but to be safe). 30min each way to garden if traffic is good. 3-4 hours in the garden.

I didn't care for the garden, but most people seem to like it.

Kris

Level 2 Member
Thanks, would you take a taxi from the airport or public transportation is faster? If taxi - will we easily find a taxi near the Garden?

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Taxi. Don't know about availability at the garden, but I would have Uber and Grab apps ready and give yourself 30 minutes buffer.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
If you have any interest in orchids, the botanic gardens are amazing. Watch the weather since the park can be hot and you have a flight afterwards.

There may be a taxi stand at some park entrance but not the ones I’ve used. As suggested, Uber is what I used. Also, street hails are ok in Singapore but the street by the park is a main road so stopping may not be easy. For surety, plan Uber.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
If you have any interest in orchids, the botanic gardens are amazing. Watch the weather since the park can be hot and you have a flight afterwards.

There may be a taxi stand at some park entrance but not the ones I’ve used. As suggested, Uber is what I used. Also, street hails are ok in Singapore but the street by the park is a main road so stopping may not be easy. For surety, plan Uber.
Yes, the orchid display is phenomenal.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Orchid display is on all year, but 3 exhibits are closed through sometime in 2019. They opened up a bunch of temporary exhibits to make up for it, though.
Code:
https://www.sbg.org.sg/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=34&Itemid=58
Jurong Bird Park is a good alternative to the orchid garden.

Code:
www.birdpark.com.sg
If you want to grab a bite in Singapore, here is my favorite foodie blogger of all time:

Code:
ieatishootipost.sg
Offhand, you can't go wrong at the Tian Tian Chicken Rice stall at Maxwell Food Center. Can't miss it. Has a long line from opening time, when I went there was a cut out cardboard poster of Anthony Bourdain in front.

Last edited: