What do YOU do when you HUCA?

Do you wait when you hang up and call again?

• Total voters

Mcflyer

Level 2 Member
I feel it is generally safer to call back again later. As in, hours later. Is there anyone here that hangs up, and calls again immediately/within 5 minutes? I feel it would be too awkward in case you speak to the exact same representative but at the same time perhaps I'm overthinking it. Anyone have that experience before?

Are successfully established companies' teams of cust service representatives generally too big for that to commonly occur? Post your thoughts!

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
For most large orgs the chances of getting the same rep are rather slim, remember as soon as your call ends they get a new one, meanwhile you need to wend your way through their call system. It did happen to me once when I was trying to get my cable company to send me a return label for a modem, this was a service they def provided, and the guy was just useless, asking if my email was capitalized or not, eventually I just hung up, yelled into a pillow and then called again, and boom: same guy! We both acted like we didn't realize and while he still didn't know what he was doing he inadvertently said somethings that revealed that I could generate the return label online so I just thanked him and hung up.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Some technology can route the call to the same rep, I experience it with some of my work items. I've only had it happen once with Amex Plat, so not sure if it was by chance, or if they use something like it too.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Pro tip: remember the agent's voice and name. If you call back and get them again (which you would know in 3 seconds), just repeat until you get someone different.

DrAwesome81

Level 2 Member
Yeah, I prefer to write down the agent's name. I don't think that feeling awkward about it is something that should come into the mix. We're doing a lot of things that someone could call us out for, so getting over the awkwardness is kind of necessary.

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
Some technology can route the call to the same rep, I experience it with some of my work items. I've only had it happen once with Amex Plat, so not sure if it was by chance, or if they use something like it too.
But that's gonna happen regardless if you're calling the same day if that's how the company likes to handle things.

In some ways it's a great feature if you're calling back about the same issue instead of having to rehash everything they already know what's going on. Obv for our needs it's the opposite of what we want.

Last edited:

projectx

Level 2 Member
Usually I hang up, call again, get shot down again, and lay on the floor sucking my thumb crying. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Mcflyer

Level 2 Member
But that's gonna happen regardless if you're calling the same day if that's how the company likes to handle things.

In some ways it's a great feature if you're calling back about the same issue instead of having to rehash everything they already know what's going on. Obv for our needs it's the opposite of what we want.
Depending on the circumstances (f.e. if your deadline isn't like... the day of), I feel calling back a couple hours - maybe reasonably timing it after the rep's shift - is the best balance. Perhaps That's just my tendency to overthink things.

Interesting poll results too, glad I opted to use one.