Flight rules: travel hacking with fuel dumps

DornierDo28

All the decent base fares I'm finding now have END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. Does the addition of this rule kill all 3X dumps?

I'm asking because I'm looking at some cheap C2-C1.5 UA fares and I've checked the YQ tables for Star Alliance to work out where I should be looking for a 3X but find that all the fares have this rule and so are not dumpable.

Is it ever possible to 3X flights with this rule? And if not, can they be used by airlines to avoid being vulnerable to dumps?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We have a couple of people here who know a lot about it, but overall not a huge level of activity. In any case, it isn't spoken about in the public side of the forum.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
In an oversimplified way, fuel dumping works because of conflicting fare rules. However, if the main segment fare rules dont allow you to combine your fare with other fares, you simply stack segements, flights and cost. Many c1-c2 fares now do not allow eoe

Jackgamer

Level 2 Member
"Side Trips Permitted" can make even "EoE not permitted" fares quite flexible...

Is there any FD activity here?

DornierDo28

Is there anything major new to be aware of over the last 18 months or so or is it business as usual? Looking mainly at C2-C1.5/C3 for a few months over winter...

Calgary88

Business definitely not as usual before! Some light activities still go on; it depends how hard you search & wok on it. People mostly go underground & DIY due to too much exposure by Bloggers.