Success Disputing Negative Marks on Credit Report

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
I had success disputing negative marks on my Credit report. I went through annualcreditreport.com. Once I pulled one of the 3 credit reports there was an option to dispute. I did Experian first.

I had one recent 30 day late from a US bank card where the annual fee posted and I didn't notice it. Mint had disconnected from monitoring US bank for me. Anyhow, the annual fee posted and it was more than a month later that I noticed it. Late fees hit which I got removed, but they had already reported it. I disputed the reporting and I just got notice that they updated my credit report to show "ND" no data rather than "30" 30 days late.

On the other one, it was an old collection charge from 4 years ago where I cancelled my cable service when I moved address, apparently there were some additional charges after I closed the account that I was unaware of. I disputed the charge based on the fact that the cable company did not d0 enough to notify me of the additional charges. The deleted the collection.

Just wanted to post this, that you may have success in disputing any negative marks you have on your credit report. My credit score is currently hovering around 720. You would have to do this with each of the three main credit reporting agencies separately. Just because you are successful with one agencies doesn't mean the others will update their records. I think with some of these small things it easier for the reporting company to make the change requested rather than try to provide all the supporting documentation to maintain the current negative remark.

Last edited:

MouseStomper

Level 2 Member
Back when I was in credit repair mode I would dispute items rather frequently online. With few exceptions I never sent letters. Cleared just about everything, including a series of student loans that had a 30 day. I would always make sure to screenshot the page that showed it as deleted when the time came.