Best exchange EUR>USD in USA

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Returning from India to California with 400 euros cash. (Long story.) What's the best way to exchange for dollars after reaching America? Airport exchanges seem like a ripoff, though I'll be passing through three international ones on the way and can certainly try. Stateside, B of A lets account holders deposit foreign currency but the bank is only paying $1.0047 while elsewhere the rate is listed as $1.06, so I'd only get about $401 from BofA vs. $425 on the spot rate. Not a big deal but if anyone knows of an easy way to narrow that spread it would be appreciated.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
We travel a lot so usually just keep Euros as there is basically no interest on savings so it is cheaper just to keep leftover for the next trip.

I recently got a Charles Schwab checking account which repays any ATM fees for out of network machines so now I just take what I need as the rates are good and fees are no longer a problem. They even pay a 5 or 6 dollar fee on a small withdrawal so it's my new cash plan.

dereck062

Level 2 Member
Hold on to it, i think it will hit parity then 1:1.10 later. Also, you can exchange with one of us if someone going to Eu.

dwpinkston

Agreed. Once you get back to the states, there is no easy way to exchange. Unless you're hurting for money, just hang on to it until you travel back to the EU.