Life Miles Usage

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
We have never flown Avianca but have purchased miles a couple of times when they have 2 for 1 plus 25% and also got the 60K miles on the credit cards which also entitle you to decent discounts when buying more miles.

I have found that these are quite useful for flights to Europe and Asia from the US. We have enjoyed TK Business JFK-IST, ANA First JFK-NAR returning from HND and several other TK Business flights in Middle East and Maroc.

They seem to be of much less value in shorter hops as RT CDG-MUC or TXL is 30K miles plus $93 when you can just pay about $220 cash for the same flight on LH.

In the US, they are even worse as the available flights usually require 2 stops. I'm still not sorry to have banked these miles as we can always find a use for them.

Novel idea! Maybe we will use them on Avianca. Never been to Argentina

DarrellDoesDallas

Level 2 Member
I member the days when LifeMiles were incredibly delicious... tasted like Gummy Bears and Pineapple :)

Sorry, just reminiscing about the good ole days -- I unfortunately have never used them for domestic use.

dr0832

Level 2 Member
I applied for the 60k Avianca credit card offer (40k + 20k with the coupon) and got an error message after hitting apply that said there was an error and somebody from the company would contact about approval. I never heard anything or got an email or anything. Anybody have any info on this?