Any "promos" to earn a couple hundred Starpoints?

JivyIvy

Level 2 Member
I just discovered that you need to re-qualify your account at the start of each new year in order to earn Starpoints through Uber. I did not realize this and I'm annoyed that my wife and I have been using Uber all the time, despite strong objections to the company's policies and politics. Apparently we have not been earning Starpoints for the entirety of this past month. I suppose I've always lucked out with beginning-of-the-year Starwood stays that have "re-activated" this Uber promo in the past. Not this year however...

Anyhow, my wife is only 176 points shy of being able to transfer her Starpoint balance to me. This would be really helpful, as it would allow me to redeem for a 15-night award stay. Of course, I can easily make up the 1K difference with my own c.c. (I've got SPG AmEx and Chase which transfers out to Marriott) but since she's only 176 points short, I'd like to be able to just transfer the whole balance, if possible. I would rather not waste the 876 points and leave them languishing in her account unused.

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make up the difference via promo offers?

Last year there were the 200 points dashboard bonuses, for example. There are often unpublished offers for things such as test drives or surveys, etc. I would like to know if anyone is aware of anything at present; a survey/review site, social media contest, etc. where I could gradually (over the course of next 2-3 months) earn the necessary points to complete the full transfer? Please do not suggest a credit card signup.

Thanks!

JivyIvy

Level 2 Member
Should I just pony up the $17 to purchase 500 points so that I can make the transfer and feel better about abandoning the leftover 376 points instead of 876? Thus essentially purchasing 1K Starpoints for the excellent value of $17 USD?

dockers

Level 2 Member
I realize this thread is old, but you can always try calling and asking nicely for a couple of points if you're just shy of a redemption. I've seen many DPs of success for this across various programs - not sure about SPG's policy's, but something to keep in mind.