TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum (US version)

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I have just received a statement with an AF of $95. This fee was waived the first year and now I am starting my second. I have learned to value my Aeroplan points and want to continue to hold and grow my stash. This product (the US-based TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum) is so new, I cannot find information on whether TD offered retention incentives. Does anyone have a success story to share? Even failure would be helpful.

It appears that I am able to churn this card. The current application has an offer less lucrative than the one I got last year. However the small print says nothing about a 1-time bonus only. Does anyone have experience with cancelling and reapplying for this CC?

1 Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles will be awarded to the Aeroplan Member account associated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the one time 10,000 Anniversary Bonus miles ("Anniversary Bonus"), you must (a) apply for a TD Aeroplan Card Account ("Account") between December 5, 2016 and March 5, 2017 and (b) keep your Account open, active and in good standing for twelve (12) consecutive months after Account approval ("Anniversary Date"). The Anniversary Bonus miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Member account the month following your Anniversary Date. Your Account must be in good standing at the time Anniversary Bonus miles are awarded. Existing TD Aeroplan Cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Offers may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified. These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person. Your Account must be in good standing at the time bonus miles are awarded. Please allow 8 weeks after the conditions for each offer are fulfilled for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Member account. Offers may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified. These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status.

VRHunter

Level 2 Member
I've wondered about this too, but I don't think the US version is churnable.
See some datapoints in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27599179-post94.html

The T&Cs you've posted appear to be from the Canadian version of the card (the Infinite card is the Canadian version).

In the US version they say:
"Is there a Promotional Rewards Bonus Offer available for new TD Aeroplan Visa credit card accounts? New accounts are eligible to earn a one-time bonus offer of 25,000 miles if at least $1,000 in total net purchases (“net purchases” defined as any purchase in any category subject to the limitations below) are made within 3 billing cycles of the Account opening date."

I guess the "one-time bonus" wording (bolding emphasis mine) is their way of saying the bonus can't be churned.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I think you are correct. I ended up canceling CC. I can keep the points from expiring by using Air Canada!s shopping portal. We need some kind of activity every 12 months.