Best Hyatt Zilara Resort?

BEB

Level 2 Member
Curious if anyone has been to multiple Hyatt Zilara resorts and how they compare to one another... I am currently looking at both Rose Hall and Cancun for a quick weekend getaway and cant tell much difference between the two.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
I've read great things about both but haven't been to either. Here's an appropriate FT thread:

Code:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-gold-passport/1737770-zilara-rose-hall-vs-cancun.html
BTW, there are only two Zilara properties (currently).

BEB

Level 2 Member
Thanks dukerau, I saw the flyertalk thread but was hoping someone here might know more since there were only three posts on that thread!

jtcho78

Level 2 Member
had the same dilemma, went with the rose hall for next Jan. it cost more to fly to jamaica with points, and i think passports are required, but in the end, it didn't sound like you could go wrong with either locale.

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
I've been to the Zilara in Cancun. A great property. As far as I can tell all the rooms are oceanview. The front of our room was in the sand, and 80 yards from the water. We really didn't leave the property the 3 days we were there. Good restaurants, great service, a lot of fun activities.

Burgertm

Level 2 Member
I too have been to the Zilara in Cancun, and we also didn't leave the resort due to only being there 3 days. I'm not huge on all inclusives because I like to go out and try local food etc. With that said, the food was pretty good at the Cancun resort and the service was great as well. I don't think I'd want to do more than 3 or 4 days though. I can only sit and read books in cabanas for so many days before being bored out of my mind.

Renee

N0rthernbelle
I haven't been so I can't comment but in case it is relevant to you BEB, I recently read somewhere that award night availability for these Hyatt AI properties doesn't show online, but that doesn't mean it isn't available. I think people have had success by calling or tweeting hyatt with a request. I haven't tried, i just thought it could be useful tidbit as you plan your trip.

torkay

Level 2 Member
I've only ever been to rose hall, that being said I have read a bunch of reviews on the cancun property and I'm of the opinion that rose hall is a better over all option. That being said I don't think you can really go wrong

The Ikonik One

Level 2 Member
Thanks for all the advice... I called in and were booked at Rose Hall!
When are you supposed to be there? Let me know what you think of the property and the experience in Jamaica please! I too feel like visiting but I'm unsure where to go. Also any tips that you think would help to make our trip more pleasant will be appreciated!