Brooks Brothers credit card offering a $100 sign-up bonus, I think

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
The Brooks Brothers credit card, which as of late has had sent some nice marketing promotions my way, is now offering a $100 sign-up bonus (at least, I think they’re offering a $100 bonus), which is the best I can recall seeing. Here’s the ad you see when you go to their credit card page:

Why do I seem unsure? Two things. First of all the wording on the ad is “up to $100 in rewards cards”. Why the “up to”? Are there conditions in which you would only earn, say, $60 instead of $100? I’ve scoured the T&Cs on the product page and on the application page and I can’t find any clues. The marketing material below still says you get a $20 bonus with your first purchase. If you click on that “View Details” link in the ad, you get this:

*Subject to credit approval. New accounts only. Please allow four to six weeks after the promotional period ends for Rewards Cards to arrive. See the Brooks Brothers Rewards Terms for additional details regarding the Rewards Program. The Brooks Brothers Platinum Mastercard® is issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license by Mastercard® International Incorporated. Mastercard® and Platinum Mastercard® are registered trademarks of Mastercard® International Incorporated.

So… I think there’s some sort of $100 sign-up offer, but I’m not really sure what it is. Is it $100 after first purchase? Possibly. Are there other hoops to jump through? Possibly. Hopefully the Citibank store card marketing team will clear things up. For most of you out there a $100 bonus isn’t going to make you jump on this card anyway but if you’ve been thinking about adding this one to your collection to play retail card marketing roulette, this may be a good time as any to go for it.

The post Brooks Brothers credit card offering a $100 sign-up bonus, I think appeared first on Personal Finance Digest.

Continue reading...