Denied but no reason given

HanoiIG

Silver Member
What can I do when a bank denies me for credit, claims they will send a letter or email and never does? I tried Twitter, calling but there is no way to talk to a person. 2 banks(Capital One and B of A)

labboypro

Chief Factotum
You've already asked this question in 2 other threads you started. Maybe wait for a reply in one of those instead of clogging things up with another post (??)

HanoiIG

Silver Member
You've already asked this question in 2 other threads you started. Maybe wait for a reply in one of those instead of clogging things up with another post (??)
Sorry I didn’t realize. Not really internet savvy and have beginning of cognitive issues. I’d delete account but can’t see how

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Cap One and BoA are both hard to get information from. Check Doctor of Credit for specific application rules. I don’t know how many recent apps you’ve done, but after a denial I think a “cooling off” period is good.

I’ve often thought about this “game” and potential cognitive issues with aging along with the nightmare my spouse would have sorting through stuff. That’s in spite of spreadsheets and a PW manager. My plan is to simplify as much as possible especially as we travel less.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Cap One and BoA are both hard to get information from. Check Doctor of Credit for specific application rules. I don’t know how many recent apps you’ve done, but after a denial I think a “cooling off” period is good.

I’ve often thought about this “game” and potential cognitive issues with aging along with the nightmare my spouse would have sorting through stuff. That’s in spite of spreadsheets and a PW manager. My plan is to simplify as much as possible especially as we travel less.
Bank of America sent reasons. Not enough on deposit with them. I guess the $300 they gave as checking bonus pissed them off

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Bank of America sent reasons. Not enough on deposit with them. I guess the $300 they gave as checking bonus pissed them off
I doubt that it was the $300 bonus. They like to see CDs and larger amounts. They want more of a relational type of banking.