Level 2 Entry Criteria

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I personally review accounts for entry into Level 2. Since a lot of people ask, and it takes time, I ask that you have the following in advance of requesting access:

• 10 days on the site (don't just join and ask for access)
  • 10 posts on Level 1 (they allow me to see if you are going to add value, or filler to Level 2)
  • Your online profile elsewhere, such as FT, Reddit etc, so I can see how crazy you are.
Cheers,
Matt

skipbo

Hi Matt,
I'm new to the posting world. I don't have a profile on any other site. I'm relatively new to the Travel Hacking game. Started applying for rewards/bonus cards in June of 2014, and I am now cruising along, getting cards as soon as the minimum spend is done on another, buying gift and debit cards, and trying to stay ahead of the ever-changing MS landscape. The recent AMEX shutdown of Bluebird/Serve has me thinking it might be time to join an online community to stay up to date on things that the public bloggers don't, or won't share. I'm OK with that. They provide a valuable service, and I wouldn't be anywhere in this game if it weren't for "those bloggers". I was drawn to your forum because you do not tolerate the type of trash talk that FlyerTalk is filled with. I hope I can provide some valuable input to the discussions that you host, and I look forward to being part of your community.

Your Friend,
skipbo

Risk

Level 2 Member
I ask that you have the following in advance of requesting access:
  • 10 posts on Level 1 (they allow me to see if you are going to add value, or filler to Level 2)
  • Your online profile elsewhere, such as FT, Reddit etc, so I can see how crazy you are.
  • Are these requirements "OR" or "AND"?
  • Can all 10 posts be made in the first day?
  • Are 10 days calendar from the day of sign up, or 10 days of visiting the Forum?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Are these requirements "OR" or "AND"?
Both

Can all 10 posts be made in the first day?
No, a maximum of 9 posts on the first day, with one further post no sooner than 3 days after that, and no later than 7 days after the previous post.
Are 10 days calendar from the day of sign up, or 10 days of visiting the Forum?
Of visiting the forum, proof will be required, such as a photo of you looking at the forum with a copy of that day's newspaper in hand. The photo should be notarized.

Risk

Level 2 Member
Got it. < A sigh of relief that the question didn't include "NOT">

No, a maximum of 9 posts on the first day, with one further post no sooner than 3 days after that, and no later than 7 days after the previous post.
Educated guess:
if 9 posts on the first day require 3 < days < 7 spacing,

then the following requirements must also hold:
8 posts require 2 < days < 8 spacing
7 posts require 1 < days < 9 spacing
6 posts require 0 < days < 10 spacing
5 posts require -1 < days < 11 spacing
4 posts require -2 < days < 12 spacing
etc

Of visiting the forum, proof will be required, such as a photo of you looking at the forum with a copy of that day's newspaper in hand. The photo should be notarized.
Sounds reasonable. Anyone unable to fulfill these simple requirements is bound to screw up the complex topics of Level 2.

volker

Level 2 Member
I am sure I will find some old newspaper from the 80s or 90s at a local yard sale. That should be sufficient. There is a reason why it's called travelhack. Or is it a coincident that google lists 1090 pages with the word "hack" under saverocity.com?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure I will find some old newspaper from the 80s or 90s at a local yard sale. That should be sufficient. There is a reason why it's called travelhack. Or is it a coincident that google lists 1090 pages with the word "hack" under saverocity.com?
Most of the stuff isn't listed there..

smittytabb

Staff member
Oh no, no, no. It's more like 3900. And that is just the benign stuff.

montmorency

Level 2 Member
Both

Lol, that's funny! But I bet there are some earnest people who would actually do it! :)

linda nguyen

Level 2 Member
Matt,

What happens when you don't post elsewhere / don't have a history to show on other sites? Can I still get level 2 access without this criteria being met?

I personally review accounts for entry into Level 2. Since a lot of people ask, and it takes time, I ask that you have the following in advance of requesting access:

Cheers,
Matt

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,

What happens when you don't post elsewhere / don't have a history to show on other sites? Can I still get level 2 access without this criteria being met?
It can happen, but I would want to know who you are in such cases.

linda nguyen

Level 2 Member

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,

I was wondering if I can apply to level 2. Let me know if I need to do anymore.

Pointspursuer

I've been on here a while, but don't have much to share that 1. Hasn't already been shared or 2. I think is probably level 2 (and has been shared) and will get me skewered for sharing on level 1. So what do I have to do to get to level 2?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I've been on here a while, but don't have much to share that 1. Hasn't already been shared or 2. I think is probably level 2 (and has been shared) and will get me skewered for sharing on level 1. So what do I have to do to get to level 2?
You can send me a DM with your username at another forum so I can check your posting style. There's rarely a 'fail' on this check, if people are more aggressive/direct in their posts I just discuss that on the way in.

mec

Silver Member
mec on Creditboards

an mec on FT

MECredit on Reddit

I've been on Creditboards since late 2015 and started my learning process there. I've started to join other forums this year, and I've also started MS this year as well.

I'm starting slowly and like a nice smooth process. I prefer to plan through possible scenarios and have a back up plan before jumping into anything new.

I've always been a traveler in my heart but not in reality for many years... so I'm learning how the process works and relish the opportunity... to swim in the world's waters, eat it's foods, drink it's drinks and climb it's heights.

I'll post here when a thought seems worth posting and look forward to meeting the community.

mec

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
If you look at the first post, Matt clearly lays out the requirements for level 2. Activity on another forum gives an idea who you are there, but who you are here matters more.

Reactions: mec

mec

Silver Member
If you look at the first post, Matt clearly lays out the requirements for level 2. Activity on another forum gives an idea who you are there, but who you are here matters more.
Thank you for the guidance.

I'm just starting to look around the forum and finding lots of interesting topics.

JD101

Level 2 Member
I have sent 2 PMs to Matt giving him my credentials on FT without any response.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
How long did you wait? Matt is one person, with a family and a life, as well. For all we know, he’s on a cruise in an internet dead zone.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I didn’t say he IS on vacation. I said he may be. Matt’s a good guy, reliable and trustworthy. Give him time to get back to you.

asc8u

Level 2 Member
Hello Admin.
Hoping for Level 2 access. I emailed Matt a couple of times over the past month but haven't gotten any response.
Thanks for considering.

Mik3

Hello Admin.
Hoping for Level 2 access. I emailed Matt a couple of times over the past month but haven't gotten any response.
Thanks for considering.
have the same issue as you, hope there's a wave of approvals soon!

churning_medic

Cheers,
Matt
Hey Matt, can I have access?

My FT profile is: Audifanatic2510
Reddit profile is: churning_medic