New IHG CC (IHG Rewards Club Premier)

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I currently have the Chase IHG Select card ($49 AF) and have just received my annual free night certificate so I am ready to think about the current promos on the new IHG card products, Chase IHG Traveler and Chase IHG Premier.

Questions:
  1. Do I need to cancel my current IHG card, in order to be eligible for the new cards/bonuses?
  2. Are these new cards still exempt from the Chase 5/24 rule? I am way over the limit.
  3. Can I apply for both the Traveler and the Premier cards and get both bonuses?
  4. I have PCP status with Chase, does that help me get approved?
Thanks.

LoveTravellingFree

Level 2 Member
I'm guessing you have found answers already. If not, my experience allows me to answer:

1. No, you do not have to cancel current.
2. I was approved as 20/24.
3. Not info.
4. No info.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I'm guessing you have found answers already. If not, my experience allows me to answer:

1. No, you do not have to cancel current.
2. I was approved as 20/24.
3. Not info.
4. No info.
I ended up taking the plunge myself and was approved for the new IHG CC without cancelling my old IHG product. Thus my results match yours. Thanks for your data point.

LoveTravellingFree

Level 2 Member
Did you apply for the Traveler and Premier or just Premier?

I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks where I anticipate stacking the 4th award night free from Premier with the 10% rebate from the old Select Card for a pretty good redemption. I haven't seen verification of that yet, but I know the 4th award night free is automatically done via online bookings.