Homeaway refund

Tom Juhn

Level 2 Member
I booked a property by the volcano on the Big Island. I received an email from the property manager that because of lava flow they will have to cancel our reservations and refund the money we paid. I have sent messages and texts to the property manager and we still have not received the refund. Has anyone had an issue like this? Any suggestions?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I booked a property by the volcano on the Big Island. I received an email from the property manager that because of lava flow they will have to cancel our reservations and refund the money we paid. I have sent messages and texts to the property manager and we still have not received the refund. Has anyone had an issue like this? Any suggestions?
How long has it been? I find it's not uncommon to receive a refund 1-2 weeks after it's been promised. If you paid by Credit Card you can follow up with the CC Company and contest the charge, but if it's only been a few days I'd wait a little longer.

Tom Juhn

Level 2 Member
I received an email from the PM saying they would have to cancel our reservations. This was on the 21st of May. I officially canceled the reservation on Homeaway on the same day. Homeaway apparently cannot refund the money until the PM accepts the cancellation. I messaged her numerous times on the site and nothing. I finally text her on the 29th and get a response that she has been displaced and she has not been to her office and she is trying to get the funds back from the owners. The clock has not even started yet.