Costa Rica Hotels/Itinerary

projectx

Level 2 Member
I'm doing some planning for a Costa Rica trip in July 2019 and looking for some feedback. We are a family of five, kids ages 9, 6, and 6. Right now I have hotels in La Fortuna area narrowed down to El Silencio del Campo and Los Lagos. Anyone stay at either of these, or have another recommendation?

After staying in this area for maybe 5 nights we'd like to head down to the Pacific coast and stay at a beach resort for a few nights... I haven't narrowed it down at all in that area so any input is much appreciated!

Is 5 nights in La Fortuna a good amount of time or no?

kristian

Level 2 Member
I know nothing about El Silencio. However, I've stayed at Punta Islita which is run by the same group and it was great for a family trip. I stayed there on a Marriott Travel Package. There's a good thread on FT about it. Activities are now included which is kind of a big deal since Costa Rica is so expensive.

MK17

Love to Travel
I know nothing about El Silencio. However, I've stayed at Punta Islita which is run by the same group and it was great for a family trip. I stayed there on a Marriott Travel Package. There's a good thread on FT about it. Activities are now included which is kind of a big deal since Costa Rica is so expensive.
I also stayed at the Punta Islita and had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this hotel.