Upgrade offer on Hilton HHonors Surpass CC

Craig

Level 2 Member
I hope you guys are taking a car, not a moving truck, on that half/month long road trip :cool:
It will be an all-expenses paid move when it happens. New company will be footing the bill. Now the only question is Rhode Island, DC, or Tampa...

projectx

Level 2 Member
Let me show you the Force, young Padawan.

www[DOT]doctorofcredit.com/100000-hilton-honors-surpass-upgrade-offer-no-lifetime-language/
I'm aware of that, but was hoping not to find it through a hidden link. I don't want a clawback situation like the Platinum cards mess.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
I'm not aware of any Amex clawback of partner points. No guarantee for the future, but definitely harder technically and not often done across the industry.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
Sweet! My husband had a Surpass upgrade offer so we nabbed it.

I have 2 Hilton Amex CCs, one of which is a Surpass card. I had no offers on either card so I called and had my Surpass CC downgraded to the no-fee Hilton card. Fingers crossed.

ukinny2000

Level 2 Member
i got the 100k offer on my no-fee hhnors card a few weeks ago, even though I already have the Surpass card. Just did the spend and the 100K points posted before the statement cycle even closed.
So I upgraded my no-fee card in early April, met the spend, got the 100K, downgraded over the weekend. Today I reused the same doctorofcredit link and re-upgraded that same card, again, for the same offer. let's see what happens...

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
It will be interesting to see what happens. I upgraded my husband's card and we're working on spend now. I recently downgraded mine and when I go into the site, I get the option to upgrade my green card. I don't have a green card nor have I ever applied for one. I did not select upgrade.

ukinny2000

Level 2 Member
It will be interesting to see what happens. I upgraded my husband's card and we're working on spend now. I recently downgraded mine and when I go into the site, I get the option to upgrade my green card. I don't have a green card nor have I ever applied for one. I did not select upgrade.
Mine mentioned the green card for me too, but had the last five digits of the no-fee card, and was applied to the no-fee card

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Mine mentioned the green card for me too, but had the last five digits of the no-fee card, and was applied to the no-fee card
I didn't even think to look at the last 5 digits. (Face slap) Hubs account had both choices but I picked the one that was applicable. The 100k ends 5/31 so the upgrade may end then too.

crsoccerguy

Level 2 Member
I just took the plunge and my green card ( no fee Hilton) was upgraded to the Surpass. I also have an active one. See what happens.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I did the same last week - upgraded the green with the last 5 digits of the no fee Hilton. Hilton Surpass card came today but no mention of the bonus.

I also have an active Surpass.

Will do spend quickly - see what happens and try for spouse.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I did the same last week - upgraded the green with the last 5 digits of the no fee Hilton. Hilton Surpass card came today but no mention of the bonus.

I also have an active Surpass.

Will do spend quickly - see what happens and try for spouse.
You might want to call and make sure your upgrade is eligible for the bonus.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Let me show you the Force, young Padawan.

www[DOT]doctorofcredit.com/100000-hilton-honors-surpass-upgrade-offer-no-lifetime-language/
I just upgraded today via this link's link and looks like I'm in for 100k. None of the previous/lifetime language in the terms I saved off.

Now I wish I hadn't closed my wife's no-fee card!

Jay Shaw

Level 2 Member
I am almost done with the points i need to get after the citi cards so i can book my hawaii trip on hilton before SW CP expires.

currid7

Level 2 Member
Just a heads up / vent: I got the Surpass 100k offer 3/28, met Min Spend 3/30. While waiting for that bonus to post, on 4/27 I upgraded my no-fee to Surpass with no lifetime language. Amex has informed me that I will not be receiving the 100k points from the original Surpass on 3/28 because now that I've upgraded, it thinks I've had a Surpass since last year (even though I upgraded it AFTER meeting requirements).

Basically, if you get a new Surpass, wait until bonus posts before upgrading your no-fee. I was probably about 3 days to early...

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Just a heads up / vent: I got the Surpass 100k offer 3/28, met Min Spend 3/30. While waiting for that bonus to post, on 4/27 I upgraded my no-fee to Surpass with no lifetime language. Amex has informed me that I will not be receiving the 100k points from the original Surpass on 3/28 because now that I've upgraded, it thinks I've had a Surpass since last year (even though I upgraded it AFTER meeting requirements).

Basically, if you get a new Surpass, wait until bonus posts before upgrading your no-fee. I was probably about 3 days to early...
How did they inform you?

currid7

Level 2 Member
In chat I asked when my 100k points would post. I know rule #1 is don't ask but I don't think it actually had anything to do with not getting them. I'm holding out hope that for some reason they post, but I'm extremely doubtful at this point. Meanwhile, my $3k purchase just posted on my upgrade, so we'll see when those 100k points post.

In chat they said "Because you have had a Surpass card since 2016, you aren't eligible for the sign up bonus." But, in 2016 it wasn't a Surpass, it was the no-fee one. It's now backdated in their system as a Surpass since 2016.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I didn't contact them, so I was wondering if they had contacted you proactively. Still holding out hope for mine.

currid7

Level 2 Member
I didn't contact them, so I was wondering if they had contacted you proactively. Still holding out hope for mine.
Good luck! I got nervous because Hilton typically posts almost immediately with Amex. Fingers crossed for you

EightBall

Level 2 Member

I will be in a similar situation. In April I applied for a new Surpass, then upgraded my current no-fee Amex Hilton just a few short hours later. Will be completing min spends on both within a week or two and will see if I get the expected 100k + 100k. Your data point does not sound good for me, but I am not so sure the info you got was correct. From other data points, it seems like the Hilton points on these cards post very quickly, usually within days of meeting the min spend. Therefore, if you met the spend on 3/30, and didn't upgrade the other card until 4/27, you definitely should have already gotten the first set of points around the first week of April. Are you sure something else isn't going on? Like a different Hilton number being attached to the first account? Or something bringing you below the min spend amount?

I'm curious if anyone else had any success with both a new Surpass and an upgrade. I'll post my own results in a couple of weeks.

Craig

Level 2 Member
As a counterpoint, I upgraded my HHonors a week before hitting the min spend on my new Surpass. I received the bonus on my new Surpass about 4 days after hitting spend. Now waiting for the bonus to hit on the upgraded Surpass.

currid7

Level 2 Member
As a counterpoint, I upgraded my HHonors a week before hitting the min spend on my new Surpass. I received the bonus on my new Surpass about 4 days after hitting spend. Now waiting for the bonus to hit on the upgraded Surpass.
Yea, I saw a few DPs that kinda sounded similar to mine on Doc, but the majority were like yours. Of course, I saw these DPs (aligned with mine) only after I had gone through with it and searched for a while. The majority seem to be going smoothly. Good luck brother

currid7

Level 2 Member
Yea, I just got 100k points today too! I'm thinking it's from my upgrade (which I wasn't concerned about getting) and I'm thinking I'll never see the 100k from my original Surpass. Sucks

I'll update if I get another 100k (which I actually earned first!)

Craig

Level 2 Member
Are there any DP for the upgrade offer being available on Surpass accounts that are downgraded before the account hits one year old? Trying to decide whether to downgrade my new Surpass and hope for an upgrade offer before the 100k promo is scheduled to end on May 31.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Have people been MSing the minimum spend without incident? I could kill the spend requirements by Monday if so. I just don't want it to be a waste of time. I guess I'll do it anyway and see if points post.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Worked for me. 2/3 ms, 1/3 generic.
Thanks. I'm going to buy GCs until just under 3k (2k already done) and perhaps load my Amazon account with $20-30 to take it over the 3k mark. If somehow that doesn't net the points I still will have plenty of time to put more real spend on it (card came yesterday). I expect points will post.

Craig

Level 2 Member
Thanks. I'm going to buy GCs until just under 3k (2k already done) and perhaps load my Amazon account with $20-30 to take it over the 3k mark. If somehow that doesn't net the points I still will have plenty of time to put more real spend on it (card came yesterday). I expect points will post.
Unless something changed overnight, your points will post.