DFW?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
They sell the cards at the mall desk in the mall center. I don't think you can do what you want since the check to see the name printed on card.

Probably only useful for charge card usage.

Shantravels

Level 2 Member
I am in Plano & I'd love to meet up with you all sometime. I will be in Australia for the July 12 meeting, but hopefully I can do another in the future.

I've been buying gcs at the Galleria for a few months now & am wary of what they do with "the form" but I like that the gcs only cost $2.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Shantravels- hope to meet u in a future get together. - have fun in Australia! Thinking about making our meetup monthly on the 2nd Saturday of each month. How does that sound to y'all?

sonbenfan

Level 2 Member
Hi All,
I just joined the forum and I am excited to see there is a planned get together on July 12th. Is there still time to sign up? If so, I would love to be there.

SCC

Level 2 Member
Well they are custom gift cards with my name on them so maybe I'll get lucky.
Just made fist gc purchase at the galleria. Sadly they wouldn't let me use my personalized AGC. That would have been hugely helpful. But had no problem spending the final $2k for my citi AA card. And $2/card isn't bad either.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Just made fist gc purchase at the galleria. Sadly they wouldn't let me use my personalized AGC. That would have been hugely helpful. But had no problem spending the final $2k for my citi AA card. And $2/card isn't bad either.
$8.00 for 2k is great - I am going to try that soon! Thanks for testing the AGC - I may have to try that again too - ya never know....

David G

Level 2 Member
Are these the same US Bank gift cards that others are selling for $2.95? Strange that it's only $2 at the Galleria.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
With Vanilla Visa closed, has anybody tried the MasterCard GC from sams,?

if they work ok, large purchases might not raise many questions.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
I didn't know that Sams had Mastercard GCs - shoot - I think my Sams membership is expired - There is nothing to buy at CVS now that can b loaded to bb---- looking for bulk alternatives. I did try pp for $0 fee and I am delighted but can only buy a few at a time. Let us know if u hear anything about Sam's. If it works, I may get a membership again.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I didn't know that Sams had Mastercard GCs - shoot - I think my Sams membership is expired - There is nothing to buy at CVS now that can b loaded to bb---- looking for bulk alternatives. I did try pp for $0 fee and I am delighted but can only buy a few at a time. Let us know if u hear anything about Sam's. If it works, I may get a membership again.
I will do a test this weekend to find about the card. If it works, I will go for bulk. One drawback to sams is they only take MasterCard and discover

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Looking forward to our meetup on July 12 at Cozymels at noon. So far, Afam-DFW, chinomad, sonbenfan and I will be there. Any others interested? I will reach out to others from the area.

SCC

Level 2 Member
Looking forward to our meetup on July 12 at Cozymels at noon. So far, Afam-DFW, chinomad, sonbenfan and I will be there. Any others interested? I will reach out to others from the area.
I'm interested, maybe with a buddy, but probably won't know until next week.

SCC

Level 2 Member
Does anyone in DFW use AFT? Looking for fee-free ATMs in our area. My search hasn't revealed any thus far.

Shantravels

Level 2 Member
Does anyone in DFW use AFT? Looking for fee-free ATMs in our area. My search hasn't revealed any thus far.
I've been wanting to sign up for AFT but haven't because I don't know of any free or cheap ATMs. So I would appreciate any leads here as well.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I got the cash only speech on a mastercard gift card there the other day...
Tried a different cashier and stayed under the $500 limit. Worked better this time. Got $375 reload it and $100 visa (to get $10 Catalina).

Oh well, no more $950 reload it for me.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
went to tom thumb yesterday after friend got shot down for cash only on univision and pp..... I got lucky and bought two paypower under 500 each. I saw that they reposted chart near register about cash only cards. I think we need to not get discouraged, keep trying and choose your cashier wisely. The young ones seem to be the best ones for me.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
went to tom thumb yesterday after friend got shot down for cash only on univision and pp..... I got lucky and bought two paypower under 500 each. I saw that they reposted chart near register about cash only cards. I think we need to not get discouraged, keep trying and choose your cashier wisely. The young ones seem to be the best ones for me.
I got another reloadit today and while young is good, too new is a problem. She didn't know how to enter a variable card and had to call the manager over. Since I was under $500, the manager let it go.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I haven't had any luck with reloadits in a while now. I'll keep trying to see if I get lucky.
I make sure to buy some groceries along with the cards. and always enter my loyalty number. Don't know if it helps but if I was in their position, I'd be more hesitant to turn down a normal customer.

SCC

Level 2 Member
I make sure to buy some groceries along with the cards. and always enter my loyalty number. Don't know if it helps but if I was in their position, I'd be more hesitant to turn down a normal customer.
I'd imagine buying groceries helps as well, just too bad I don't buy many groceries.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Got a Univision at Tom Thumb today and got no gas rewards. Reading FT, a user for Ft Worth had the same today.

That party may be shutting down

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
What would y'all think about moving the non-meeting discussion to an area under Manufactured spending - REgional - Southwest and leaving this for just get together info.

It came to me that we are having a level 2 discussion in an open area.

Thanks.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Agree with you Afam - Speaking of meeting, just want to remind everyone that we are meeting up at noon at Cozymels in Grapevine this Saturday. If you havent confirmed and want to attend, please let me know. Thanks