FTU Las Vegas

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be attending FTU and speaking on the MS day (about mostly non MS things...) are any of you attending or in the area for a drink or whatnot? The event seems to run from Fri-Sun and I'll be in town 'for sure' on Fri/Sat.

Cheers
Matt

gnutello

Chocolate-hazelnut goodness.
I'd like to attend, but I missed the "All Access Pass" wave. Still looking to trade with someone who maybe can't attend anymore.

Alice

Level 2 Member
I live here. So far not attending the formal conference as I have a newborn, but keen to swing by a meetup between nursing!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I live here. So far not attending the formal conference as I have a newborn, but keen to swing by a meetup between nursing!
Congrats! Yeah I'm sure the formal conference will be not as fun as the meet ups anyway. I'm not sure of what is going on just yet but we can figure that out on the way.

stron

Level 2 Member
I'll be there from Friday evening to Sunday evening. Not attending the advanced MS session though. I want to try some great restaurants off the strip - have a few on my list, especially one Japanese place. Would love to go as a group and reserve a table. Hope to see you folks there.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like the event isn't as well organized as other famous events, such as the highly regarded Saverocity DO, so unfortunately I don't really know if there are any formal informal events for dining and such. There is a BJ tournament at the D on Friday evening that is related to things, but the D is also quite far from the Strip, so I'm still on the fence about attending.

I'll be in Aria again this trip, would be open to meet up but the Friday is hazy as to whether I get pressganged into trekking down to the D or stay firm and hang out in the fancy part of town.

For food, there are a number of great places to check out - one that is near the D is Carson's Kitchen which looks solid.

stron

Level 2 Member
I'm thinking of going to either Raku or the other sushi place next to it in the Chinatown area, a bit far from the strip, but I'm renting a car so it's doable. I scoped out those places last time but couldn't get a reservation. I'll look up Carson's Kitchen too. Thanks for the suggestion. There's also a sake house called Ichiza which is open until 3AM with some delicious small plates if anyone is into that. If I have company from the conference, I don't mind being the designated driver :)

stron

Level 2 Member
I suck at blackjack and I fly into town around 7:30PM Friday. So, I'll skip the conference hotel on Friday. But if anyone from the conference wants to get dinner/drinks around 9PM, I'm up for it.

@Matt, let me know if you want to go to the Japanese place, I can pick you up from your hotel. I should first call and find out of they have a table available on Friday night.

Edit: these are the places that I'm thinking of:
Code:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kabuto-las-vegas
http://www.yelp.com/biz/raku-las-vegas
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sweets-raku-las-vegas

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @stron - I'm not sure if I an commit right now... I've not figured out the night but hope to see you somewhere during the time.

swknutson

Level 2 Member
if anyone is interested and doesn't have access I am at the Centurion now and having a few. I can get 2 people in. Would like to see if some would like to split a cab/uber downtown after having a few nine one eight 921-4056