Marriott options in BCN

singerbabe

Level 2 Member
Does anyone have experience with the Cotton House hotel in Barcelona? It looks like a beautiful hotel online but the reviews are mixed. My other option is the Hotel Arts (Ritz) which is definitely not in the middle of things but sure is beautiful. Points redemption would be about the same for either property.

Any and all input is appreciated!

JeffB

Level 2 Member
I have not stayed at either but I know both areas. The Hotel Arts is not as central as Cotton but it is an easy Metro ride to get the center. The Cotton is in a great area.

smittytabb

Staff member
I would stay at the Hotel Arts. I am really surprised the points redemption is about the same now. I started looking at booking either right before the Cotton House opened up and ended up not staying at either and rather getting an apartment, but I think both are great properties but the Hotel Arts and Ritz were not even close to the same redemption when it first opened. Not sure if you have status or not, but there would be a lot more upgrade oppportunities at the Ritz as well.

singerbabe

Level 2 Member
I would stay at the Hotel Arts. I am really surprised the points redemption is about the same now. I started looking at booking either right before the Cotton House opened up and ended up not staying at either and rather getting an apartment, but I think both are great properties but the Hotel Arts and Ritz were not even close to the same redemption when it first opened. Not sure if you have status or not, but there would be a lot more upgrade oppportunities at the Ritz as well.
That's the reservation I decided to keep. Cotton rooms are small, so by the time I upgraded to a larger room it was exactly the same redemption as the Hotel Arts. I do have status so hopefully we'll get upgraded. Glad to hear it's an easy Metro ride into town, too.

paulros624

PaulRos624
It may be too late to answer but we stayed at The Cotton House last summer and LOVED it. Great boutique hotel, service was terrific, loved the roof bar/restaurant. We want to go back.