Bug: login on alerts page.

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there's a bug in the code for the alerts page:
http://saverocity.com/forum/account/alerts

When I am logged in and visit that alerts page, I see a banner that reads:
Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!
Since I am logged in, that is confusing.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I've been booting folk out of L2 for inactivity and also tightening up what folk can see who aren't registered.... maybe this got caught up in it. Can you try again now?

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
Sorry, I am not good at keeping up on things. I am a lowly L1 person who doesn't deserve L2, and as such I see this banner on every page now:
"Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!"

smittytabb

Staff member
Sorry, I am not good at keeping up on things. I am a lowly L1 person who doesn't deserve L2, and as such I see this banner on every page now:
"Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!"
We all see it too...well I won't speak for others. I see it too!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Weird.. it is set as 'dismissable' too, and I don't see it on my L1 test account... can you try to close it? I'll look to see who it shows for..

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
Well it went away after I clicked a few things that didn't include the little close button icon link thing. So now it's gone. Maybe it dismissed itself?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Well it went away after I clicked a few things that didn't include the little close button icon link thing. So now it's gone. Maybe it dismissed itself?
I pulled some levers in the background too. Glad you didn't dismiss it as that shows it should be OK now.

PS you are in Level 2.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I am no longer able to log in by just hitting the google+ signin button and now have to sign in separately. It has been going on for maybe a week.
Can I admit that I didn't know you could log in with G+? :) I thought it was for signup only! I just tried to do so with a test account and it worked fine, is it possible you had any changes to your Google account, password or permissions?

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Can I admit that I didn't know you could log in with G+? :) I thought it was for signup only! I just tried to do so with a test account and it worked fine, is it possible you had any changes to your Google account, password or permissions?
Anything is possible, but I can still log into Travel Codex that way, so I think not. It is not a big deal; it was just a convenience when I stumbled upon it.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Anything is possible, but I can still log into Travel Codex that way, so I think not. It is not a big deal; it was just a convenience when I stumbled upon it.
Weird, I will monitor it- certainly just worked for me... sorry for the inconvenience.