Looking for a wonderful hotel in Paris using any number of points

ukinny2000

Level 2 Member
Hi everybody,

I am considering sending my mum & step-dad to Paris to see an opera at Opéra Bastille in late November. I would like their experience to include an amazing hotel that I could use my points to book. I have 400K HH, 200K in SPG, ditto IHG, and 600K each in MR & UR, so I have access to most chains. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Max

Level 2 Member
I've heard the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris is amazing. It'll cost a whopping 30,000 of your UR points per night, but it's a stellar property. I think the Hyatt Chase Visa has a signup bonus of two free weekend nights that can be used there. Spend is just a grand. Would be amazing value for money with those certificates if you can get them.

nrdk

Level 2 Member
Went to the PH Vendome over the summer with my wife for our honeymoon, overall it gets a 'meh' rating from myself and the wife. It's nice and fancy and all, but definitely didn't blow me out of the water by any means and was just as happy at the other hotels we stayed in London and Dublin.

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
Hi everybody,

I am considering sending my mum & step-dad to Paris to see an opera at Opéra Bastille in late November. I would like their experience to include an amazing hotel that I could use my points to book. I have 400K HH, 200K in SPG, ditto IHG, and 600K each in MR & UR, so I have access to most chains. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I just got back from a stay in Paris. I stayed at both the Radisson Blu Champs-Elysees and the Hyatt Madeleine. Originally I wanted the Vendome, but there was no availability. In the end, I'm glad I went with the Madeleine. It was a beautiful property with posh, spacious rooms (for Paris). I got upgraded, so I may have some level of an unrealistically rose-colored bias, but my room was massive and extremely nice. It's a discount from the Vendome (25K vs 30K) using your UR points. If it's a shorter stay, e-mail the property and explain the gift you're giving your family and express your value of Hyatt. Might get them a bump if there's availability. The staff was wonderful to my wife and me.

smittytabb

Staff member
I just got back from a stay in Paris. I stayed at both the Radisson Blu Champs-Elysees and the Hyatt Madeleine. Originally I wanted the Vendome, but there was no availability. In the end, I'm glad I went with the Madeleine. It was a beautiful property with posh, spacious rooms (for Paris). I got upgraded, so I may have some level of an unrealistically rose-colored bias, but my room was massive and extremely nice. It's a discount from the Vendome (25K vs 30K) using your UR points. If it's a shorter stay, e-mail the property and explain the gift you're giving your family and express your value of Hyatt. Might get them a bump if there's availability. The staff was wonderful to my wife and me.
Thanks for this tip! I have stayed at the Etoile, but next time wanted to go for one of the other Hyatt properties. I knew about the Vendome and Louvre, but this one had escaped my notice. Like this addition, so thanks.

nrdk

Level 2 Member
Had to go panoramic to get the whole room. The footprint wasn't ginormous, but the 15-foot ceilings made it feel expansive.
Looks the exact same as the room at the Vendome, albeit ours had a small balcony out the windows you could step up onto and access. Got some stare downs from secret service doing so though since the Mexican president was staying at the Vendome at the same time and on our floor.

smittytabb

Staff member
Had to go panoramic to get the whole room. The footprint wasn't ginormous, but the 15-foot ceilings made it feel expansive.
Thanks for posting the photo. Been to Paris almost ten times. Have had a lot of very small rooms. That is a fair size. My stay at the Etoile, which is such a strange property, I had one of the suites, which was enormous. They promised me the one the looks at the Eiffel Tower, but the person in that one was a Diamond and wouldn't check out. I waited all day for it (they gave me a day room free which was nice) but they still ended up giving me the other suite. Not sure what was up with that.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
I've stayed at the PH Vendome many times and have always had great stays. The IC Grande, a block away, gets strong reviews on FT but I don't have personal knowledge.

If I had an unlimited budget and weren't a points junkie, I'd stay at the Pavilion de la Reine on the Places des Vosges. The other place I love thanks to the combination of location and charm is Hotel du Jeu de Paume on the Isle de la Cite. Both have magical locations.

smittytabb

Staff member
I've stayed at the PH Vendome many times and have always had great stays. The IC Grande, a block away, gets strong reviews on FT but I don't have personal knowledge.

If I had an unlimited budget and weren't a points junkie, I'd stay at the Pavilion de la Reine on the Places des Vosges. The other place I love thanks to the combination of location and charm is Hotel du Jeu de Paume on the Isle de la Cite. Both have magical locations.
Île de la Cité and the Marais are both great locations to be in Paris. Thanks for a couple more options to consider. I never stay in the same place twice in Paris. It's a neighborhood city and I explore a different one every time.

tly

Level 2 Member
IC Le Grand is right there, 50k/night and convenient transportation to/from airport with Roissybus a few blocks away. Loyaltytraveler has a recent review, check it out.

ctbarron

Level 2 Member
Digging up an old thread...

I'm looking for a mid-priced ($200-$250/night) hotel around central Paris. Taking the family over this time, so larger rooms or two connecting are preferred. I've stayed in the Hyatt Madeline before and liked it quite a bit, but am looking for something a bit cheaper. The only other Paris hotel I've stayed in is the Shangri-La, and that's overkill for this trip.

I saw the Hyatt Etoile noted above, which looks ok but is a bit farther out than I'd like.

Suggestions welcome!

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
If you want to use points, I'm loving Seth Miller's tool hotelhustle.com. You can choose the chains where you have points and narrow the distance you want checked. Otherwise, I have more and more friends who are using Airbnb.com and vrbo.com, particularly for family stays. One friend booked an apartment in the Marais District, one of my favorite neighborhoods in Paris where there are very few hotels. Another booked an apartment on the Left Bank for his wife and two teenagers. I've never used one of these sites so can't speak to personal experience. Hopefully someone else can.

Last edited: