Advice on lodges in the Chobe area

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Our February 2016 trip is slowly coming together, and we are considering adding a safari in the Chobe area. The only lodge inside the park is Chobe Game Lodge, which is a little too big and too expensive for what we want. I got a recommendation for the Muchenje Safari Lodge, which looks good. I've nixed the Elephant Valley Lodge; too many negative comments on Trip Advisor.

I'd be grateful for some other recs for Chobe area lodges, as well as feedback from folks who may have been there during the green season. Is it worth doing Chobe when it is lush and green?

Thanks!

glader

Level 2 Member
I'll be staying at Chobe Bush Lodge soon. It is a new property, adjacent to and under same ownership as Chobe Safari Lodge. The TA reviews are good so far and it is reasonably priced. It won't be an exclusive safari by any means but you won't get that at a lower price point in pricey Botswana.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I'll be staying at Chobe Bush Lodge soon. It is a new property, adjacent to and under same ownership as Chobe Safari Lodge. The TA reviews are good so far and it is reasonably priced. It won't be an exclusive safari by any means but you won't get that at a lower price point in pricey Botswana.
When will you be there?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Update - We picked Muchenje Lodge for our 3 nights in the Chobe area. We'll arrive there via a 2 hour road transfer after a night in the Vic Falls area (B&B in Livingstone, actually). Thanks for all the suggestions.

My travel agent said the road transfer Vic Falls >> Muchenje will cost $80 a person. Does anyone know if this is typical? Can we do better just hiring a taxi/driver on our own? We're 2 people so looking at $160 for the 2 hour road trip. Thanks.