Interline Rates -Deep Discounts for Airline and Military (and others?)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I received Interline qualification back when I worked on cruiseships. I never actually booked with these guys, but found the prices really cheap- a lot of their focus is Cruises, and I got comped ones back then.

Just looking it up again I see most of the eligibility for this to be aimed at Airline employees, but I also did some googling around and saw that one site - Interliner.com was good for the Military too. I thought to share that for those good folk. Here is one cruise that would be pretty awesome:

The cruiseline Paul Gaughin is on the higher end, smaller ship style of cruising, they are popular in Tahiti:

Interliner Cruise:
Tahiti.PNG

Other dates/prices

Pricing.PNG

Compared with VacationsToGo as a benchmark:

Vacations to Go.PNG

Note that the 10 day cruises above include the first 3 nights in the IHG Hotel.

Dargal is the company that I joined back in the day, it doesn't mention Military, here is the list (though as mentioned I got access for working on a ship...)

• Active Airline Employee
  • Airline Employee's Spouse
  • Airline Employee's Dependent Children
    (21 or younger)
  • Retired Airline Employee
  • Airline Employees Parents and In-laws - they can travel without the Airline Employee.
  • Courier Company Employees such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, Airborne Express, Purolator
  • Non-airline friends and companions are eligible for the interline rate when sharing accommodations with an airline employee.
These rates can be great, or they can be 'average' I saw some that matched Vacationstogo, and some that showed available on Dargal when there was nothing on VTG.com.

Dargal.PNG

Im not sure how strict the admission rules are into Interline, so it may have a limited audience. But if it helps out the military people out there then that's worth a post alone. If you are eligible for these rates I would certainly run them by cruisecompete.com as they can produce some good fares on occasion.

plane2port

Level 2 Member
Matt, I want to thank you for posting this idea. My daughter is an airline employee, and the only benefit I have used is the nonrev flight benefits. This opened my eyes to some other possibilities.

I was going back and forth between VTG and the interline site to compare prices. While on VTG, I noticed a link entitled Interline Rates. After reading the benefits under each cruise line, I realize that I am eligible on most of the cruiselines (Disney being one of the more unfortunate exceptions). I also discovered a handy device. If you are registered on VTG, you can set your profile to include any discounts that you are eligible for, such as senior or state residence discounts; however you can also tell it to show interline rates. So when you go to a specific cruise listing, it will tell you the regular VTG discount rate, and underneath it will show the lowest rate you are eligible for. Some cruises don't offer interline discounts, and some show a small discount, but others show a huge discount, similar to the example that you cite in your first post.

I have been having a lot of fun looking at the discounts and will definitely take advantage of the interline benefit soon. Thanks again!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt, I want to thank you for posting this idea. My daughter is an airline employee, and the only benefit I have used is the nonrev flight benefits. This opened my eyes to some other possibilities.

I was going back and forth between VTG and the interline site to compare prices. While on VTG, I noticed a link entitled Interline Rates. After reading the benefits under each cruise line, I realize that I am eligible on most of the cruiselines (Disney being one of the more unfortunate exceptions). I also discovered a handy device. If you are registered on VTG, you can set your profile to include any discounts that you are eligible for, such as senior or state residence discounts; however you can also tell it to show interline rates. So when you go to a specific cruise listing, it will tell you the regular VTG discount rate, and underneath it will show the lowest rate you are eligible for. Some cruises don't offer interline discounts, and some show a small discount, but others show a huge discount, similar to the example that you cite in your first post.

I have been having a lot of fun looking at the discounts and will definitely take advantage of the interline benefit soon. Thanks again!
Awesome - glad it worked out for you! Some of the savings are fantastic.

Be careful, as I think some sites allow you the full Interline flight as a relative, but some offer a friends and family rate, which is still decent, but not as good.

smittytabb

Staff member
The cruiseline Paul Gaughin is on the higher end, smaller ship style of cruising, they are popular in Tahiti
I have just returned from this cruise in an Oceanview cabin and it was really a wonderful experience. The ship is terrific as is the itinerary. One of my best cruise experiences ever and the cabin without the balcony is still spacious, light and even has a bathroom with a bathtub.

The prices listed here are really good and I highly recommend this cruise. I booked cruise only and did a two night stay at the Radisson Tahiti resort on points (2 for 1) and a night after the cruise at the Intercontinental Tahiti, also on points. It was perfect. I also booked my flight with AA miles in Business on Air Tahiti Nui. All in all, one of my favorite trips.

Air Land and Sea

Level 2 Member
Just looking it up again I see most of the eligibility for this to be aimed at Airline employees, but I also did some googling around and saw that one site - Interliner.com was good for the Military too. I thought to share that for those good folk. Here is one cruise that would be pretty awesome:

Matt, Thanks for the information. My husband is retired military and I never knew that we qualified for interlinear fares. May I share this information when our local MOAA (Military Officers of America Association) meets this month?