National One-Way Codes

JeffA

Level 2 Member
The two most valuable rental codes I have ever come across are both from National. One includes LDW, but I hesitate to use that because if something does happen, that would trump my AMEX primary insurance and since this code is intended for a certain group of employees, there is the potential of no coverage or a messy battle that I do not wish to deal with to save $19.95. In any case, if that is not a concern for you, that code is 5000062. Generally, the code will give you a cost of $32/day including one way rentals.

A similar code without LDW which has sometimes lower sometimes higher rates ($30-40/day) is XZ38140. It too is good for one way rentals.

Both codes are also useful for high cost rentals that are not one way.

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
Those are excellent codes! Until now I was using XZCA999 which I believe can be used for enterprise as well. I've only tried national though.

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
The two most valuable rental codes I have ever come across are both from National. One includes LDW, but I hesitate to use that because if something does happen, that would trump my AMEX primary insurance and since this code is intended for a certain group of employees, there is the potential of no coverage or a messy battle that I do not wish to deal with to save $19.95. In any case, if that is not a concern for you, that code is 5000062. Generally, the code will give you a cost of $32/day including one way rentals.

A similar code without LDW which has sometimes lower sometimes higher rates ($30-40/day) is XZ38140. It too is good for one way rentals.

Both codes are also useful for high cost rentals that are not one way.
Any mileage restrictions?

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
I found that the Honeywell code XZ24HC3 which does not include LDW and I believe has unlimited mileage prices out very well in all locations that I used for a quote, including LAX And MIA.
I tested out all the codes in this thread and for me the OP's were the best.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
I found that the Honeywell code XZ24HC3 which does not include LDW and I believe has unlimited mileage prices out very well in all locations that I used for a quote, including LAX And MIA.
+1 on this code. Used it at SJU for the best rate I could find at the time.

Thanks so much for posting these. I have used one way codes in the past that I found on FT, but the ones posted here work even better for the trips I am currently booking! We do road trips a lot, which involve flying into one airport and out of another. So we end up using one way rentals and they can be super expensive.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
Any idea what is the 3 characters company code for XZ38140 (needed for Enterprise online reservations)?
EDIT: found it. STA.

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
I used the CA code for National Car rental since that was the cheapest rate with unlimited miles. I also used 3 Discover National certificates. After I submitted the reservation, it said to proceed to the counter, not the Emerald Aisle as usual. My last reservation was made without any codes or certificates, and it said to report to the Emerald Aisle. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if I could just go straight to the Emerald Aisle and avoid the counter.

damanjeff6

Level 2 Member
I used the CA code for National Car rental since that was the cheapest rate with unlimited miles. I also used 3 Discover National certificates. After I submitted the reservation, it said to proceed to the counter, not the Emerald Aisle as usual. My last reservation was made without any codes or certificates, and it said to report to the Emerald Aisle. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if I could just go straight to the Emerald Aisle and avoid the counter.
does this location not have the emerald aisle maybe?

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
View attachment 1706
Looks like the location doesn't have an emerald aisle. You have to go to the counter.
Hopefully, they won't give me any trouble using the code. I saved a huge amount of money. I'm paying $116 for an 8 day rental from GEG to PDX. I used $120 in Discover certificates. I think I'll go ahead and make another reservation with another company just in case this deal falls through. Sure hope not! I was reading that Spokane has a limited selection.

Dr Moose

Level 2 Member
you need to be careful with using a corp code at National that you're not a part of, they are known for shutting down accounts for abusing corp codes.

BrownHP800

Level 2 Member
Huge savings with this code 1 way from Las Vegas to Orange County Airport in Santa Ana, CA. $700+ without code $240 with code. Awesome!

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
The one way code worked great. No issues at GEG in July. 8 day one way was $236 with taxes. Used $120 in discover credits. So $116 was the final cost.

Firm Doc

I headed down south recently with my new friend, XZ38140. If I hadn't had her it would have been a v expensive trip.

Rommie2k6

Level 2 Member
Any issues with using the Honeywell code? Been reading scattered report across the net that they check, but most reports were a few years back...

pradeepg16

Hopefully, they won't give me any trouble usinmes g the code. I saved a huge amount of money. I'm paying $116 for an 8 day rental from GEG to PDX. I used $120 in Discover certificates. I think I'll go ahead and make another reservation with another company just in case this deal falls through. Sure hope not! I was reading that Spokane has a limited selection.

I tried many times,but i could use only 1 discover Certificate.when i give the 2nd one it says,"cannot use couponcode2 with couponcode1".
Is there any trick?

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
I tried many times,but i could use only 1 discover Certificate.when i give the 2nd one it says,"cannot use couponcode2 with couponcode1".
Is there any trick?
No trick I'm aware of. You can only use one coupon code with National. You can use up to 3 with Alamo, but you need to call them on the phone to do it.

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
This is major, I've been using various corp codes with all the rental comps but this takes the cake, super duper cheap!!