Converting Ultimate rewards to British Airways for American Airlines saver

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I think you need to get your aa number attached to your reservation- personally I've not checked bags domestically so am not sure.

I think you can change the FF number to aa using a partner- maybe Royal Jordanian??

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
Definitely add your AA number. Plus you will be checking in with AA. They know the drill, just have your card on you

yks

Level 2 Member
Finnair i know works. I am actually wondering if it is possible to attach your aa number to someone else's ticket (booked from your oneworld account) and get a free bag

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
Finnair i know works. I am actually wondering if it is possible to attach your aa number to someone else's ticket (booked from your oneworld account) and get a free bag
I don't think that works, but you can always get the AA citibank card with a free bags and then cancel it after the trip if you are worried about the bag fees

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that works, but you can always get the AA citibank card with a free bags and then cancel it after the trip if you are worried about the bag fees
The OP was would he get charged if he holds the card and on Avios - do you think not changing the loyalty program to Aadvantage will work if he holds the card?

yks

Level 2 Member
It definitely works if your the AAdvantage accountholder. I've done it placing my AAdvantage account on the reservation through finnair.com. Did you mean you don't think it works for someone else?

@Matt although AA's computer wouldn't flag the reservation for free bags as it would if the AAdvantage account number was placed on the reservation, showing your credit card to an agent at check-in has worked for some people in the past.
If I were willing to rely on that I could add the traveler as an AU