Change the front page to move directly into New Posts?

How should the front page appear?

• As it is- stop messing around

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • As the latest posts

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • As something else - explained via comment

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Would you prefer if the front page of the Forum opened to 'new posts' rather than the forum index as it currently does? Please vote, and feel free to add thoughts/ideas below.

projectx

Level 2 Member
I say leave it as is. Most of the time when logging in I go straight to new posts. But plenty of other times I go into the different forum categories when I start a new thread. Plus, I've noticed that the "new posts" list isn't always updated.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Plus, I've noticed that the "new posts" list isn't always updated.
Interesting... I've not noticed myself, so will keep an eye on that. I do know it wouldn't show updated if you aren't logged in as a lot of it will be L2 threads...

Sesq

Level 2 Member
Could you perhaps (I am not an it guy), set an alternate skin (that is remembered via cookie or login) that defaults to new posts?

That is how I read the forum, but I could see a new player preferring to see the range of different forums to learn what is discussed.

If that isn't doable, change my vote to "new posts" default and save me a click.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Could you perhaps (I am not an it guy), set an alternate skin (that is remembered via cookie or login) that defaults to new posts?

That is how I read the forum, but I could see a new player preferring to see the range of different forums to learn what is discussed.

If that isn't doable, change my vote to "new posts" default and save me a click.
It's not - I already tried...

incendia

Level 2 Member
Other than by using the reload (refresh) button or clicking it again?
maybe its the browser Im using or one of the addons but every time I click on the "new post" button I get a unique url and if I hit refresh I get the same posts as the first time

its an inconvenience nothing more