Introduce yourself here!

Paul1711

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Paul and new to the forum. Historically been big at maximizing sign-up bonuses and spend deals, though as I sold my business last year, I've started learning about MS the past six months as a way to keep accumulating points. So far, I've purchased some gift cards and used the Redcard. Looking forward to learning more and sharing results with the forum.

pizza0496

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm David. Living in NYC and been in this game for about 4 years now. I'm currently gearing up to quitting my job and vagabonding around the world.

pizza0496

Level 2 Member
Hi David.

Are you serious? You're really gonna quit and go? (Am I gullible?)
Ha, perhaps you are gullible, but not for this reason! It's been a long thought in the works and ultimately I've decided on doing it. I'm still rather young (will be 28 when I leave) and not terribly entrenched in my career with a number of freelance opps on the side. Ultimately I'd like to mix the world of churning with my frugal traveler's nature and do it as a long term sustainable thing. The goal's to save up about $30k and leave June 2016 heading south starting in Mexico.

46sky

Hey I'm Anthony from LA - Recently finished up grad school and getting my life started with steady income. Looking for ways to maximize my travel without inflating my life style expenses!

I lurk on FT but decided to join some forums recently and become an active posting member - want to learn more and help others learn as well.

Money Metagame

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone,

My name is Noah and I've slowly gotten addicted the the churning game over the past 8 months or so. The idea of being able to travel for cheap goes along really well with my plan to become financially independent in the next 10 years or so. Fortunately, I have a wonderful fiance that supports my credit card and finance shenanigans. We've taken a couple small trips with points so far, but I anticipate the quantity and quality will go up significantly over the next few years.

It started with a credit card bonus and I've been spiraling down into the manufacturing spend world more recently, especially with gift card churning thanks to a little inspiration from Chasing the Points. So far my fiance and I have 18 cards between us and a couple Serve accounts that we'll probably change out for Redbirds in the near future since they are nixing the credit card loads to Serve next month.

I'm excited to join the forum, expect to learn a lot, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute something back as well.

Dwater

Level 2 Member
Hi All

Long time MS , looking to branch out into new horizons/forums and interact with other MS.
Obviously looking to get access to the level 2 forum.

I have recently posted a few articles over at travel codex forums that some have found interesting.

Tips for getting Cards restocked at Gas stations and Truck stops

Code:
http://forum.travelcodex.com/threads/some-tips-for-getting-cards-restocked-at-truck-stops-gas-stations.3914/

Coupons a Missed Opportunity while MS.

Code:
http://forum.travelcodex.com/threads/coupons-a-missed-opportunity-while-ms.3942/
Tips on Gas and Traveling Expenses

Code:
http://forum.travelcodex.com/threads/tips-on-gas-and-traveling-expenses.3932/

Obviously im not giving away the farm with any of these posts but I thought they were interesting topics for new MS as well as seasoned ones.

JJAviator

Level 2 Member
JJ here in sunny Florida. I've been collecting miles since 1989, but only MS'ing since last summer. Wow - there have been big changes with less and less opportunities since last year, but I hope to learn from these forums as well as try to help others.

smittytabb

Staff member
Hi All

Long time MS , looking to branch out into new horizons/forums and interact with other MS.
Obviously looking to get access to the level 2 forum.

I have recently posted a few articles over at travel codex forums that some have found interesting.

Tips for getting Cards restocked at Gas stations and Truck stops

Code:
http://forum.travelcodex.com/threads/some-tips-for-getting-cards-restocked-at-truck-stops-gas-stations.3914/

Coupons a Missed Opportunity while MS.

Code:
http://forum.travelcodex.com/threads/coupons-a-missed-opportunity-while-ms.3942/
Tips on Gas and Traveling Expenses

Code:
http://forum.travelcodex.com/threads/tips-on-gas-and-traveling-expenses.3932/

Obviously im not giving away the farm with any of these posts but I thought they were interesting topics for new MS as well as seasoned ones.
Welcome to the forum @Dwater! I have taken the liberty since you are new to break the links to your posts on the Travel Codex forum. It is easy to break links here. Just go into the menu and click on the Insert icon and click Code and cut and paste your link. Generally for MS posts we prefer not to link back directly to other sites. Also, unless someone is a member of that forum, they cannot view your content without logging in.

lxx1125

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Lou. I'm from the philly area. I have been doing a little bit of MS with redcard and have started experimenting with a little bit of reselling.

flew-d-coop

My name is John. I live in South Jersey and enjoy taking my family on vacations. I’ve been collecting (and using) miles for the past 3 years or so. I am by no means a hard hitter in this game. However, even at a slow pace, this hobby has allowed me three great summer vacations at a fantastic price.

URrunner

Hi, my name is Steve. Great to see you guys at this forum! I feel more comfortable surfing around this forum rather than a huge Flyertalk Forum.

I have been in this game for five years now. It is my daily hobby to enjoy travel life epecially with MS

lpaca

Level 2 Member
Hi, new here from the Philly area. Been in the points/miles game for 10 years, but didn't realize there was a whole community around it till early last year (crazy, huh?). Been doing some moderate MS & travel hacking over the past year or two & looking forward to being part of this forum.

Dwater

Level 2 Member
Welcome to the forum @Dwater! I have taken the liberty since you are new to break the links to your posts on the Travel Codex forum. It is easy to break links here. Just go into the menu and click on the Insert icon and click Code and cut and paste your link. Generally for MS posts we prefer not to link back directly to other sites. Also, unless someone is a member of that forum, they cannot view your content without logging in.
Hi, sorry I didn't realize you don't link to other forums.

addemoh

Level 2 Member
Hey Everyone!

My name is Addeson and I love to explore new places and try new things! I'm from the Portland area and recently entered the churning/MS game. I have been studying up on as much as I can from a number of blogs/forums. While I am still learning the ins and outs of this hobby, I am excited to contribute to the community here at Saverocity!

okctraveler

Level 2 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt, and I'm from Oklahoma City. I've been into travel hacking, point chasing, and reselling for about a year now. I've just started looking into the Saverocity forums, but very much appreciate the blogs run through this site, and have read them regularly for quite a while.

I hope to learn more about more advanced topics on the forum, and look forward to participating in some interesting discussions with other members.

Thursday

Vagabond
Hi everyone. Just stopping by to say hi. I'm planning on taking a trip around the world in 2016-2017. Of course travel hacking will be the cornerstone that will make this trip possible. So I came here to "up my game." I look forward to learning from you all and offering any value I can to others here in the forum.

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
Hello, everyone. I'm headed to Maui next year during winter and Europe in the summer. I would really like to go for free :) I just started reselling via Amazon FBA and enjoying the game. Looking forward to more ideas on what to buy (thanks Big Habitat) and other ways to points and more points.

Berthe

Hello all! I'm Berthe, and I'm in Southern California. I'm new to the game and excited to be part of the community :)

Joy Kenen

My name is Joy and I'm a retired travel agent. I'd like to learn all there is about MS.

My husband and I are UA travellers. He's a million miler, so we both have permanent Gold on both UA, and they granted us permanent Gold on Marriott as well! We have the UA and Marriott credit cards too, I use the UA shop and dine functions to get extra miles too. I just don't know what ELSE to do. Or if I'm doing it as well as I could.

Taterman

Level 2 Member
My name is Jordan and I'm a forensic scientist. At work, I do scientific examinations on counterfeit documents and forged handwriting.

I'm here to up my points and miles game. My wife deserves some excellent travel and I'm hoping to provide.

NannersOahu

Pacifist in the Pacific
Aloha, HNL for the past 20+years.
Long time ft lurker. After reading about the DO felt I really missed a special event.
Played at some ms but after some reading here realize I want to learn the thinking not the led by the hand.
I learn best by doing.
I must say i think there is magic in the ms sphere.
If you'll have me I'd appreciate level 2
Aloha Big Mahalo,
I live in HNL as well and am looking to meet locals to discuss MS techniques in Hawaii. I find that is it a very regional thing so email me if you want to socialize. I am mostly new to this.
Thanks,
Nanners

NannersOahu

Pacifist in the Pacific
Aloha All,

I'm Nanners from HNL looking to meet locals who MS. I read all the intros and have found 2 people from Oahu (Big Mahalo and Jeremy). Either of you please feel free to reach out to me and perhaps we can start a a little hui. I found my way here through another blog comment. I am fairly antisocial and so this is my first attempt at "joining" any type of forum, mostly I lurk.

I pretty much am hating my job right now and think that maybe this MS hobby is a way to reign in that negative energy and turning it to something positive. Anyway, if you make your way to HNL, I can definitely give you the scoops for the best Oahu beaches (turtles and monk seals). I hope to make it to level 2 and this is all kind of feeling like a video game of sorts. Very surreal!