Introduce yourself here!

dustin

Hello all--

My name is Dustin and I currently live in Nashville. I've been into points/MS for almost a year. I'm a teacher so it's been a great way to create more freedom to travel. I'm really looking forward to learning about some new opportunities and hopefully contributing when I can. Cheers!

Joseph

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone! I'm Joe from Dallas, Texas. I started this hobby about a year ago, and racked up a lot of points/miles so far. This game changes all the time, so I am continuously learning. I would like to contribute whenever I can.

Jake

Hello! I'm Jake from Mississippi. I did my first churn 2 years ago. I'm looking for new and creative ways to MS. I love deals on anything!

grebel

Level 2 Member
My Redcard is in the mail right now... I can barely focus at work. So eager to get that puppy!
Hi, I am Rachael from Boston area. I started MS about 1 year ago (been through vanilla to redbird). My husband and I like to ski. I am trying to use points and miles not only for free stay and flight tickets, but also find ways to get free lift tickets. Looking forward to leaning more MS.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Hi, I am Rachael from Boston area. I started MS about 1 year ago (been through vanilla to redbird). My husband and I like to ski. I am trying to use points and miles not only for free stay and flight tickets, but also find ways to get free lift tickets. Looking forward to leaning more MS.
Rachael, Arrival+ or equivalent is your friend. Make sure that the lift tickets charge to the resort, and you should be able to use the travel benefit (10% back of the miles you spend to pay for the tickets).

I, sadly, am forbidden to ski (and drink, and bike, and do anything that can possibly, in a one in a million chance hurt my noggin) while my therapy for a concussion is ongoing. But Husband is probably going to use some of our Arrival miles at Steamboat with his dad in March.

rachael

Level 2 Member
Rachael, Arrival+ or equivalent is your friend. Make sure that the lift tickets charge to the resort, and you should be able to use the travel benefit (10% back of the miles you spend to pay for the tickets).

I, sadly, am forbidden to ski (and drink, and bike, and do anything that can possibly, in a one in a million chance hurt my noggin) while my therapy for a concussion is ongoing. But Husband is probably going to use some of our Arrival miles at Steamboat with his dad in March.

Thank you MickiSue. That's a good idea that I never thought about. One way I did free ski is to go to Santa ski day. For example, Sunday river (ski area in Maine) gives you free ski lift ticket when you dress on Santa costume and also give you another free lift ticket that can be used on other days. (i.e. you got 2 free lift tickets)

Sorry to hear that you got hurt. I hope you get well soon. We never been to Steamboat, but hopefully we can visit there next year. It seems to be a good place for tree skiing and hot springs.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Thank you MickiSue. That's a good idea that I never thought about. One way I did free ski is to go to Santa ski day. For example, Sunday river (ski area in Maine) gives you free ski lift ticket when you dress on Santa costume and also give you another free lift ticket that can be used on other days. (i.e. you got 2 free lift tickets)

Sorry to hear that you got hurt. I hope you get well soon. We never been to Steamboat, but hopefully we can visit there next year. It seems to be a good place for tree skiing and hot springs.
I'll get better, and it's just one season. But OH, YES, the hot springs at Steamboat are lovely. Not a tree skier, but my husband is. They have lovely bump runs, as well.

Deanna

Level 2 Member
Hi, my name is Deanna and I am new to MS. I am a single mom with a wonderful 12 yr old boy. We are going to Italy this summer(been saving for couple of years). I found out about the travel hacking as I was researching the trip. Hoping to learn much to travel more! I am a member of FT. Not sure what SD stands for.....

torcen

Level 2 Member
Hello, my name is Jeff and I've been MSing for the past year. I am especially interested in clever ways to get cash back, but hopefully will begin to travel more too.

Heather C

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Heather from Texas. I'm new to the game. I'm really excited to join this forum and I'm looking forward to learn from all the experts here! My goal is to redeem biz tickets for my family to fly to Asia so they don't have to fly international coach again!

kidooo

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, I'm from NYC, 2+ years in the game, consider myself somewhat experienced, however always love to share and learn new things, looking forward.. :)

calwatch

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm one of the originals at Fatwallet Finance and also on the Flyertalk MS forums. Looking for things that I've missed on those forums.

Reactions: jmw

Pat

Silver Member
Hi I'm from Texas. I look forward to maximizing the cashback and saving more miles/points for international travel.

kampung

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm based in Houston, TX and have been lurking around the travel/miles blogs for the past 2 yrs but only in the last 6 months got seriously into it and now cant seem to think other than how to earn miles/MS! With the arrival of our 2nd kid, its now a family of 4, so the only way i can take them to visit their grannies in Malaysia annually will be via miles/points (and hopefully on biz class)

I am glad i stumbled upon this website (while reading another blog) and look forward to learn and contribute where i can.

belltower

Level 2 Member
Hi! I am belltower and live in the DC metro area. I am into manufactured spending and credit card churning for the wonderful travel it makes possible. My wife is very happy staying at the best Hyatts, Marriotts, Hiltons... and flying business. I am pretty good at this game now, can surely contribute (if you let me into level 2... I promise to behave well) and hopefully learn. Nice to meet you all!

creditwarrior

Level 2 Member
KD from NYC here. I travel domestically for work usually once per month (but that may change to more home time for 2015) all on the company and using their required corporate card but my mileage/hotel reward accounts. I try to take at least one international trip per year all paid for with cash not points/miles which I now realize was foolish given the free/discount miles/points options.

Based on my research, MS seems more difficult in NYC. Glad to find a friendly MS community since others I've tried have not been all that welcoming.

I'm new to MS and I'm a bit leery of the CC, GC, WM dance especially since there is no WM anywhere near me. I hope to learn from you all in the Level 2 forum.

Last edited:

Yeshu

Level 2 Member
Hi, mame is Yeshu and am from NE Ohio. I have been on FT and SD for quite some time now. Decided to join this forum after much deliberation (was mostly hesitant till now because of information overload). Hope to contribute effectively to this forum as well in the coming months.

crapz1

Level 2 Member
Hi all. New to the forum. I've been doing the points and miles with some MS for about 1.5 yrs now. Hoping to contribute and learn a lot here!

fordman85

Hello everyone. I heard about this site thanks to an article on the blog "travel with grant" Looking forward to learning something new!

David T

Hey Everyone,

I'm David from Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I love to travel and play the MS game, but at a low to moderate level.

I hope to help out with local infos as I can!

David

Huzordaddy

Level 2 Member
I'm Huzordaddy. I have been a pretty regular contributor on Flyertalk and Fatwallet (different username). But that's no longer where the good deals or MSing is. So I'm here hoping to help contribute.

VDebs

Level 2 Member
I'm Victor, been playing this game off and on since undergraduate days. I'm a PhD candidate so I'm mostly looking for ways to stretch my rather meager stipend.

Guywhocan

Level 2 Member
Hi Matt, I'm "guywhocan" on Flyertalk and "newbie" on Freequentflyerbook blog. Been doing MS for 1.5 years: Amex OBC and TD cards for bonuses categories mostly. PP too. Live in Nj and work in finance. Love to join the forum, learn and share with your group. Thank you.

Ziggy

http://www.milesinminutes.com/
Hey all - I'm Ziggy.

I started with Serve. Then jumped to Paypal/Radpad. I do some VGC stuff as well, and have been researching practically everything. I'm moving slowly though.

bigugly

I forgot to introduce myself. I'm bigugly. I have been participating in other forums, but haven't spent much time over here. I've been at this for going on a year. This is just a hobby for me that is secondary to what I deep more important in my day to day existence, but I am making good progress and have found my local niche for now. Currently, I'm making the best of my still uncapped and very alive OBC on my MS days, and have started to snatch an AGC here and there when the portals increase the payout. If I had better options for dumping AGC (alas, no Redcard in NC), I would use them more.

Daniel

#hackingtheplane(t)
Hey folks,

Been part of this hobby for about 7 months now and love it! It really appeals to the math-y calculating side of me, plus who doesn't love travel?? Hoping to take my various family members on trips to their dream destinations over the coming years!

Cheers!

Steven58

I like hats.
Steven here. My sister is a level 2 person here. I'm fairly new at this, but her experience makes me grow fast. I'm already playing the points game in a big way. I've been a smartphone hacker/rooter and was a moderator at a smartphone forum, so I know the etiquette. I've done some of the reading so I know what is expected of users. Let's give this baby a whirl, huh?

Steven