The other week, I used my American Express Campus Edition card to reload it, take cash out of an ATM, and reload my Starbucks card.
Of the three activities, I was only successful in the latter two. This is the most comprehensive list of Campus Edition details that I know of:
- Max limit at any time is $1000
- Max load per transaction is $500
- Load fee is $3.95
- Can be loaded with MoneyPak
- First ATM withdrawal of the month is free, thereafter AMEX will charge $2, ATM owner will charge a fee
- Can be loaded with any credit card, including prepaid gift cards for this step you need to tell the cashier how much to charge on the split tender
- $1000 limit within 28 days, on a non rolling calendar basis
- $6000 annual load limit, not based on a calendar year. 12 months of account opening. For instance, if you opened your account in November, it is November to November of the next year
- Buy Office Depot prepaid cards using a Chase Ink card at max value, $500 per month – fee is $4.95
- Big side note, 3 weeks ago I was at Office Depot and saw $500 max Vanila prepaid cards. However, I noticed the max was $200 today.
- Load Campus Edition – $3.95 fee
- After all the fees, it is $8.90, this becomes 1.78%, but I will be making 5% from the Ink Bold, thus I will be profiting 3.22%