My wife (the points hater) and I just got back from what might be our last trip in awhile (hopefully not). It was a short but wonderful trip, we had a lot of fun, a couple of (mis)adventures, and saw a lot of rainbows (at least 7!) I hope to have some trip reports soon, but for now, a few quick thoughts:
– the weather is as rainy as they say, but the combination of sun/rain/sun/rain produces some spectacular views
– the Irish people might be even nicer than advertised: despite my introvertedness, even I couldn’t help enjoying conversations with strangers
– Guiness really is better over there
– Applied and approved for three credit cards while over there – even calling a reconsideration line on Skype: score!
– No leprechauns. Sad.
– Who knew Ireland had nice beaches? (Well, one at least)
– Driving on the other side of the road is quite an adventure.
– It’s such a short hop from Boston, I hope we get to go back sometime
Anyway, I’ll leave a few pictures to whet your appetite for more later.