A month and a half ago I posted a list of airline contact information to keep handy during your travels. Today I needed to dig up my own list and had trouble finding it, and as it would turn out, I had buried it in the bottom of a post on cancellation tips. I thought it might be time to rework that into its own standalone post in the event that you might want to bookmark it to have in addition to my printer-friendly Google Sheets version. I have also updated the list with my own experiences and recommendations on where to start.
- Phone: (800) 223-5436
- Twitter: @AmericanAir
- Web: http://www.aa.com/contactAA
- Notes: Phone is my preferred contact method. Hold times are usually reasonable, even without status. Agents tend to know what they’re doing and work quickly. I have not engaged via Twitter, but by observation, they do ask for PNRs and attempt to help.
- Phone: (800) 221-1212
- Twitter: @DeltaAssist
- Web: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/support/talk-to-us.html
- Notes: My primary contact outside of an urgent situation would be with Twitter. DeltaAssist is separate from their promotional Twitter account and is there to help – they appear to do a good job of it.
- Phone: (800) 864-8331
- Twitter: @United
- Web: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/default.aspx
- Notes: Try calling first.
- Phone: (800) 428-4322
- Twitter: @USAirways
- Web: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/contact/general.html
- Notes: Phone is strongly preferred, with or without status. The drawback is that during most weather events, hold times can get absurdly long – even to the point where the phone system begins to abandon calls. Phone agents are generally well-trained and helpful, though, once you get someone. Twitter team does not appear to be empowered to do much more than apologize.
- Phone: (800) 435-9792
- Twitter: @SouthwestAir
- Web: http://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html
- Notes: Call.
- Phone: (800) 252-7522
- Twitter: @AlaskaAir
- Web: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/about-us/contact-us/online-help.aspx
- Notes: Call, if for no other reason than generally short hold times and incredibly nice, helpful agents. If I ran an airline call center, I’d be taking notes on what Alaska is doing.
- Phone: (800) 538-2583
- Twitter: @JetBlue
- Web: http://www.jetblue.com/contact-us/
- Notes: I would start with Twitter. Their social media team is very customer-oriented and can help as a first line of defense.
- Phone: (800) 432-1359
- Twitter: @FlyFrontier
- Web: http://www.flyfrontier.com/customer-service/contact-us
- Notes: Readers? I’ve yet to fly Frontier.