The Weekly Travel News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Do Now (if you haven’t already)
- Free-quent Flyer Book reminds us of the latest Hilton promo.
On Blog Content, Copycats, and Credit Cards
- Loyalty Lobby puts in a lot of time writing his posts, putting things like IHG PointsBreaks posts together. Apparently some leverage his work without giving credit.
- MilesAbound weighs in on TravelBloggerBuzz’s new credit card links. Scroll down a bit on this TBB post and you can see his response.
- This borders on last week vs. this week, but paying it forward is something I always like to highlight. Wandering Aramean did just that on Halloween in Air World.
- American Express opened their latest Centurion lounge at SFO (I think they’re up to 4), Travelskills offers a review. While I’m not a huge wine fan (I whine enough on Sundays, right?), the wine wall looks pretty cool. In other news, I’ll be visiting their lounge at DFW a couple times in the next few days.
- Airlines tend to distinguish in the types of wines they offer in First and Business Class. Not surprisingly, first class passengers are looking for validation, but apparently “the trolley [in business class] is usually empty by the end of the flight.” I’ll test that one this weekend.
- It looks like Wandering Aramean made it on Etihad Residences before One Mile at a Time did.