The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Eva will start flying to Chicago starting 2 November, and they’ll be doing it with a 777-300ER, which is awesome. I haven’t flown Eva, but I’m hopeful I can make it work at some point, and I do like flying through Chicago.
- Could American be launching new service to India? I’d sure like that, especially if they fly a 77W there! Mumbai? Never been, Delhi, I’d return, seems like either would be a win!
- Uber is changing life in Nigeria. (note, this is a video).
- Ed shares a possible fix to the nations’ Airport Security Lines. Spoiler – he disagrees with that fix. I agree. In fact, I think the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey may have the best solution – and it needs to happen soon!
Miles and Points:
- Alaska Airlines continues to add to its partner line-up – this time, with Japan Airlines!
- If you’re traveling to Europe – make sure you sign up for this American offer – up to 25,000 miles per round trip on American Airlines and partners.
- Doctor of Credit reports – if you haven’t already gone to “Pay over time“, you could be in for 10,000 Membership Rewards points by opting for it.
- Airways News interviews Marty St. George – great read on JetBlue, the culture, the future plans, and vision.
- Gary Leff reports that Suzanne Rubin is stepping down as Vice President for American AAdvantage. She’s been there a while, and seems to have left an indelible mark on the program. Best wishes to her in the next chapter of her life.
- The AN-225 – the largest plane in the world will be heading to Perth. I happened to see her at Charlotte a few weeks ago, definitely a sight to see!
- Inside Iron Maiden’s Ed Force One 747
- Save the Date – The Next ResellingDO!
- To Fly to the Edge of Space