The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Earn and Burn
- As we approach the merge of AAdvantage and Dividend Miles, Lucky offers a consideration of whether to redeem now or wait. I particularly like the process diagram – you choose, time or miles?
- Meanwhile, Are We There Yet reports the US Airways Award Space problems on ExpertFlyer have been resolved. Not that it may matter in a couple of months…but at least we have that win today.
- As The (other) Joe Flies offers a handy guide to determine whether or not you should make a last-minute award booking. In case you had any doubt about using points.
- Giddy for Points recently started a series on How To Use Award Certificates at our favorite hotels. So far, she’s covered Marriott and Hyatt – and (personally speaking), Joe is looking forward to the rest of her suggestions.
- As if you didn’t have enough things to think about- ABC News reports while the Euro goes down, European goods may not drop in price.
From the Flight Deck
- Here’s a very good question from Very Good Points: do you actually buy any of those products featured in amenity kits? Joe used to use Bath and Body Works products…which is totally acceptable, right?
- Going to the New York Times Travel Show this weekend? Michael W. Travels notes it may be the closest you get to spending any time in The Residence by Etihad.
The Company You Keep
- Lucky offers his thoughts flying with His Excellency, Akbar al Baker.
- Traveling children can be cute – from a distance. Mapping Megan has created a complete list of the cutest kid wanderers around the world.
- Speaking of good company: TaggingMiles was invited to participate (along with a number of familiar names you know) in a roundup of underrated credit cards at Doctor of Credit. We’d like to thank The Doctor for including us in a group of highly esteemed bloggers!
- Finally: here’s all the interesting stuff that the TSA found trying to get past security checkpoints in 2014, as published by the TSA Blog. Joe’s favorite: weapons-grade enchiladas!